Help! My 4k TV was stolen - looking for a good replacement $250-$400

ssnyder28

2[H]4U
So on Friday i had a break in at my place and my 4k tv was stolen. Fortunately the tv I had originally wasn't very expensive a Seiki 42 inch model (SE42UGT I believe.)

Anyways my landlord is going to replace my tv and i'm trying to figure out what to get. I'm trying to find something that would work well as a computer monitor mainly for gaming. I will be using a 1080 gtx to power it. I've spent several hours trying to look through reviews and everything and keep finding differing opinions and such. I'm hoping i can find some fellow [H] peeps that have actually used 4k TVs in the same way I plan to.

These are the things i'm looking for:

- 4k@60hz, 1080@120hz, @ low input lag. Basically something I'd be able to play FPSs, Rocket league and such and not notice input lag. Games that i can't run at acceptable frame rates at 4k i'll either run at 1440 or 1080.

- Chroma 4:4:4

- Minimum of 40 inches, Max of 50 inches

- HDR at 10 bit but this is less of a requirement

- Low price as I bought the Seiki for only $250 a while ago and i don't expect my landlord to chip in more than that. I'll cover what cost goes above that. I plan on selling my current monitor and just using the new TV for everything.

Budget? 1080p @ 120hz limits yourself to mid-high end Sony's so I fear you may have to leave that requirement out. Also HDR definetly needs you to spend a bit if you want proper HDR and not merely HDR compatible TV.

Budget? 1080p @ 120hz limits yourself to mid-high end Sony's so I fear you may have to leave that requirement out. Also HDR definetly needs you to spend a bit if you want proper HDR and not merely HDR compatible TV.

Well i'm a bit puzzled on what to look for exactly. Basically I need a capable 4k gaming tv sub $400. The other items are icing on the cake. I didn't think the 1080 @ 120hz would be an issue as i remember several cheap models that were capable of it nearly a year or two ago but I don't follow displays enough to know.

1080p @ 120hz is actually a rarity in TV's. Some 3DTVs could be fooled into accepting it, and some Sonys accepted it without any tricks although they had some glitches in that mode. Higher end Vizios also supported it but they are too big for computer monitor use and did not support 4:4:4 chroma.

Try to see if you can have a good deal on Samsung KU serie from 2016. They have great picture quality and very low lag, ~20ms in game mode and ~30ms in PC mode. Their downside is that pixel response times are bit slow (in 2016 samsung dropped the ball in this regard in every model) so expect some trailing. But they still game very well thanks to their low lag.

You may be able to find Sony's X800D for nice price, another 2016 model that is being phased out. Game mode is comparable to Samsungs PC mode with 4:4:4 support and all. Not as fast as Samsungs game mode but perfectly playable. Also the pixel response times are faster, less blurring on motion and no PWM flickering backlight. It also has decently HDR capable provided you get a model with VA panel. Some sizes come with IPS panel but I dont remember which ones. You have to Google that.

1080p @ 120hz is actually a rarity in TV's. Some 3DTVs could be fooled into accepting it, and some Sonys accepted it without any tricks although they had some glitches in that mode. Higher end Vizios also supported it but they are too big for computer monitor use and did not support 4:4:4 chroma.

Try to see if you can have a good deal on Samsung KU serie from 2016. They have great picture quality and very low lag, ~20ms in game mode and ~30ms in PC mode. Their downside is that pixel response times are bit slow (in 2016 samsung dropped the ball in this regard in every model) so expect some trailing. But they still game very well thanks to their low lag.

You may be able to find Sony's X800D for nice price, another 2016 model that is being phased out. Game mode is comparable to Samsungs PC mode with 4:4:4 support and all. Not as fast as Samsungs game mode but perfectly playable. Also the pixel response times are faster, less blurring on motion and no PWM flickering backlight. It also has decently HDR capable provided you get a model with VA panel. Some sizes come with IPS panel but I dont remember which ones. You have to Google that.

Thanks,

How about this then:

UN40KU6290FXZA

http://www.kmart.com/samsung-refurb...MoHJiZlEXwCCK8PsP8i6waAjFW8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

They stole a budget TV but not a custom build gaming pc?

I know, crazy right? I even had a couple of graphics cards and motherboards/cpus sitting within a few feet of the tv. The monitor i'm using is also worth more, no clue what they were thinking.

Drug addicts smdh

Back