(HELP!) mini Displayport to regular displayport adapter (eyefinity)

Davido

Limp Gawd
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm going to be purchasing a xfx 6950 2gb for single eyefinity solution at resolution 5760x1200.. I currently have an accell displayport to dvi active adapter, but I realized all the new cards use mini displayport. Can anyone recommend me a mini displayport to displayport adapter or a cheap mini displayport to dvi adapter? I really don't want to spend another 30 bucks for a new adapter. Im hoping Tigerdirect.com sells some because I have a $10 coupon. Thanks for your help!

I use a Startech 6' mini displayport to displayport adapter cable. Amazon sells them for about 10 bucks.

um, do your monitors allow display port? if so, then why not get 3 mini DP to DP cables and avoid adapters all together?

Nope. They all use dvi cables; my computer spec is in my sig. Also does the mini dp to dp adapter have to be active like the dp to dvi cable?

To save myself a headache, I might just buy the sapphire version of the card because an adapter is included, but I'd like to have the lifetime warranty,but I don't know if its worth the hassle

Back