help me with dell axim's please

Spearboy

Limp Gawd
my office has been given 2 dell axim's with 2 cisco aironet 1100 access points. were trying to connect the axim's (pda's) to the access points. the problem has to do with the authentication process. for some reason it just sits there saying searching for access points. the access points debug log shows repeat authentication faild notices. anyone delt with these or have an idea as to whats going on. the dell rep is sitting next to me on the phone with dell tech and getting no where. any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nevermind. dell=the dumbs techs in the nation. he spend 4 hours the first day. nothing. spend 3 hours the next day, while on the phone with dell tech before i told him to get off my network. i fix the problems, (easy settings that had to be changed on the access point), only to watch him **** up everything i just got working. at that point i walked up to my manager told her to kick him out of our office and i clocked out and left. i hate dell. thanks anyways guys. btw the main problem was that the access points were requiring transmission rates in order to connect instead of just allowing them. meant the pda's had to be tx at 54mbps or it couldnt connect. aparently these pda's only go up to 11mpbs or so, i forget now.

and just for braggin rights...though i dont know i can claim any since it was dell involved, but i just walked the dell rep through an install he had at a different job site, after he failed to get ours working. how sad that he called me over calling dell just because he nor them know shit about what they do.

Back