Help me understand the difference between Mesh and normal routers please

ng4ever

2[H]4U
I don't get it.

Do more than one device with mesh routers transfer you over to the other closer device if need be seemlessly ?

yes, it will move your devices from AP to AP.

depending on mesh, you can create a wired connection between two devices or if you have one of the never tri-band devices you can use the second 5g band as dedicated wireless connection between the devices.

from what i seen its AP setup for home market.

yes, it will move your devices from AP to AP.

depending on mesh, you can create a wired connection between two devices or if you have one of the never tri-band devices you can use the second 5g band as dedicated wireless connection between the devices.

from what i seen its AP setup for home market.

Thank you.

What about the difference between mesh and normal access points you create yourself ? What is the difference ? Do normal access points you can create yourself move devices from AP to AP too ? Or not really as seemlessly ?

What about the difference between mesh and normal access points you create yourself ? What is the difference ? Do normal access points you can create yourself move devices from AP to AP too ? Or not really as seemlessly ?
Normal access points depend on the device to decide when to move and devices will usually hang on to the signal they have for far too long, so it's not as seamless if seamless at all.

But keep in mind that good wifi setups like a ubiquiti setup are smarter than the regularly consumer ap and will also seamlessly roam even though they're not marketed as 'mesh' systems. Mesh is mostly a marketing term synonymous with seamless roaming, but you don't have to have mesh marketing to have seamless roaming.

With normal APs, it is up to the client to decide when the signal strength is weak enough to connect to a stronger signal AP. Any network the client has connected to before should be saved as a profile and the OS monitors the signal strength of all APs in reach. You can find a "roaming aggressiveness" setting in the wifi card properties of most cards. With mesh systems, all APs are controlled by a central server (unifi) or a "master" AP (Asus, etc) and that server/master device monitors the client from all APs that can see the client. That master device tells the client when it should reconnect to the stronger AP.

Back