Help me split PC 2.1 on a budget (with lame MSPaint sketch)

cj3waker

2[H]4U
Alrighty, so my dad currently uses a desktop, and a tv as a 2nd monitor and watches movies etc on it through the 2.1 PC speakers.

He would like to add a 2nd TV, and a 2nd speaker setup

2ps4rj5.png

PC, crappy 2.1 system, and TV2 (not sure why I didn't label it as TV1) are shown in the diagram. He would like to add a 2nd TV, and a 2nd speaker system. I am trying to do this on a few hundred dollar budget. I have two sets of decent Polk speakers I can donate.

My current plan is to just use an HDMI switch to run both the TVs off the PC, all 3 screens (including the monitor) will just be in clone desktop mode.

Audio is getting a bit tricky though, I had considered something like a 2 zone amp to both the L and R speaker setups, but then don't have a sub. I think I could get away with one sub, as both the rooms are fairly open, and TV1 will be for a workout room, TV2 living room. I don't know how to get my sub connection as well though. Can I run audio through the sub to the amp utilizing in the speaker wire in and out feature on subs such as this one?

Most PC 2.1 systems run through the sub and then have audio out, if there is a slightly better sub that offers this, that I could run inline to the speaker zone selector/amp that would be great.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just add a second hdmi capable HT amp and you're set. Use HDMI audio and pipe it through an amp in each room. Then just choose which display you want to run your media through. Easy peasy.

That is, unless you want to control the screens remotely, then it becomes more challenging.

Why do you even need a sub in the "work out" room. Use a decent set of speakers and leave it be.

plug the speakers into the tvs and just select which tv to output to.
or are the polks not powered?

Back