Help me power a thing! (a 3com wifi AP)

kakureru

2[H]4U
these seem to litter the internet and now one has found its way into a box of crap that I received. Though it is POE, I really am not equipped to utilize that. SO I am wondering if anyone has one of these with the original PSU that plugs into the barrel connector so I can find out the actual voltage and current for this. Yes I could just find something that works but I would much prefer to pair it with something within its manufactured range.

THANKS!

3com WL-560

3com.jpg

ah, thats interesting, it didn't work right until I fed it 6v from a speaker thing. Good to know its 5v around 2a. thanks allot!

Ya, something is amiss, the part number points to a 5v 3~a psu but this thing wont start booting until I plug in the 6v speaker power supply. Would be really helpful if some one had a physical one to look at.

so then just use that or get a new 6v 3amp dc adapter. that's close enough to spec that it wont matter.

well it seems to be solid and isnt showing signs of over power so ya, im just gona get another PSU like it and call it a day.

again thanks for the part number, that in itself was very useful.

Back