Help me please: Canceled 2690WUXi-2 ... what to get now?

Postmodum

Limp Gawd
Ok ... due to schedules and virtual "estimations" given me by NEC Iberia and the store i was going to buy this monitor, i ended up canceling the order.

Well, i'm not getting another 24" since i already have a 2470WNX. It can't be the best but ... aside from the banding in the gradients its pretty decent.

So, for a 26-27" what do you guys advise ?

I was going to get the 2690WUXi-2 ... but since it's a 1000k Euros monitor and the post-buy service is not that great... i think i'm going with something else.

Just a 2 cents...

since i'm an interface design, i will need the sRGB monitor that can display gradients without any banding issues.

Wait for new LG sRGB IPS screens (expected on July, I think) or wait for the 2490WUXi2 release date...

Or if you can assume a TN panel, buy it and save some money... Since you are european like me, there is not much more options there (IPS panels with standard gamut bigger than 24"). On USA, you have more options...

The LG monitor suggested by HU is cancelled to bad was to good to be true :(

Last edited:
What about HP LP2480zx? It has a working sRGB mode thanks to its R/G/B LED backlight. And HP should offer a very good support in Europe.

Yes, it is 24", but other than NEC 2690 I don't think there is other good IPS based 26"-27" monitor. Sure, there is LG W2600HP-BF, but it is not considered a very good monitor and it is ultra-wide gamut and without working sRGB emulation.

Last edited:
The 2480zx is around 2k euros in EU that price was offered from all nearby countrys
retailers i send mail to.

The 2480zx is around 2k euros in EU that price was offered from all nearby countrys
retailers i send mail to.

It depends. In Czechia I can find it for as low as 1200 euro, not much more than NEC 2690. Maybe it is a refubrished piece, hard to tell.

Well... the 2480ZX is a "tad" expensive in Portugal :)

I need a good monitor, but i really don't need "THE BEST OF THE BEST".
I'm pretty confused with this NEC situation ... 'cause i had my mind decided and now everything is blurry.

I own the Samsung 275T plus it is the best looking monitor I have ever seen. I searched for months for a good LCD and this one did not let me down.

I'm gonna re-recommend the LG 26" W2600HP-BF. Why don't you look at this one?

26"
S-IPS
good price
low input lag
great color and clarity

don't see why you wouldn't?

I'm gonna re-recommend the LG 26" W2600HP-BF. Why don't you look at this one?

26"
S-IPS
good price
low input lag
great color and clarity

don't see why you wouldn't?

Very wide gamut = over-saturated colours.
Too high minimum brigtness ~160cd/m2?

Very wide gamut = over-saturated colours.
Too high minimum brigtness ~160cd/m2?

With the amount of savings over other 26" ips screens you can get a calibration device which would somewhat help with the gamut and is something that you should have for graphics work anyways.

I thought the brightness issue was dealt with in newer revisions.

Well ill tell you my story after searching all over the internet i found out that
the nec 90 series monitors are way beyond any other monitor available
the Nec 2490/2690 models especially.Strongly recommend that monitors
2490 better cause its srgb (non wide gamut) even your retailer support sux
You can always order it from other shop/retailer the nec 90 series are the only
premium price worth monitors IMHO.

@Biges its a refurb no doubt.

Last edited:
With the amount of savings over other 26" ips screens you can get a calibration device which would somewhat help with the gamut and is something that you should have for graphics work anyways.

I thought the brightness issue was dealt with in newer revisions.

Calibration can't help with teh wide-gamut problem, only in some special monitors, but this one is not surely amongs them.
I don't say W2600HP is a bad monitor, but it has its flaws.

@Biges its a refurb no doubt.

With 36 month warranty and excellent HP support I'd not fear to get a refub monitor. But I already have NEC 2690 :)

Back