help me please! about "POP""IMAP""SMTP" incoming/outgoing mail server for Tbird...

modding_JunKy

[H]ard|Gawd
MODS MOVE THIS TO THE RIGHT SECTION IF ITS IN THE WRONG?..thanks!

help me please! about "POP""IMAP""SMTP" incoming/outgoing mail server for Tbird....

i have no clue on what to do.. im stuck at a screen that says this

?..? said:
"Server Infomation"
"Select the type of incoming server you are using"
"[_??_] POP [_??_] IMAP"

"Enter the name of your incoming server (for example, "mail.example.net")."

"Incoming Server: [___????????????????___]"

"Uncheck this checkbox to store mail for this account in its own directory. that will make this account appear as a top-level acount."

"[_??_] Use Global Inbox (Store mail in Local Folders}"

"Enter the name of your outgoing server (SMTP)(for example, "smtp.example.net")."

"outgoing Server: [___????????????????___]"

afaik hotmail does not provide pop\imap or smtp for free you may get it if you pay for the hotmail service but i would not recommend you do that just so you can get pop\imap or smtp

hrrm tbird and hotmail from the thunderbird faq
Can I access my Netscape WebMail or Hotmail accounts through Thunderbird?

No. Netscape WebMail and Hotmail use proprietary protocols. To access WebMail directly through an e-mail client requires you to use Netscape 6+ with AIM; to do so with Hotmail requires either Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express. Of course, you can access your WebMail account on the Web at http://webmail.netscape.com/, or Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com/.

Most free webmail services do not provide IMAP/POP/SMTP. I use Fastmail. They provide IMAP for free, but not SMTP. But, for $14.99 you can get a lifetime account that will have SMTP. It's the best web-email available IMO.

gmail provides pop3 for free...

P.S. THEY HAVE A HOWTO ON THEIR SITE!! GO READ IT!

QJ

i thought this forums was here for other memebers help othermembers from past experionces.. i cant spell right now im sooo sooo tierd.. damn near got killed under my volvo one of the 4 jack stand bukled

damn heavy car.. hehe

off to bed..

modding_JunKy said:
i thought this forums was here for other memebers help othermembers from past experionces.. i cant spell right now im sooo sooo tierd.. damn near got killed under my volvo one of the 4 jack stand bukled

damn heavy car.. hehe

off to bed..
You are Correct, it is here for helping others, but it is not here to hold someones hand who is to lazy to find a simple answer, you will often see responses like, do a search, as this has been asked over nd over, and other similar responses. i dont think the posters are trying to be rude, but it is alot easier for you to go to the website for the service you want to use and look for the instructions you need there, noone really wants to repost them sense there so easy to find.
you did get the answers you asked for after all.

Back