Help me pick parts for my mATX server

NeilFarted

Gawd
Hello, i am planning on building a home server to house my expanding media library. I plan on buying Windows Home Server for an OS, and an Antec Mini P180 case. I would like to get recommendations on cpu, mobo, and PSU.

My requirements:
I would like a low-power, reliable system that can handle occasional video encoding.

I am thinking of going with an intel quad core with a low power consumption, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
I was thinking of either a corsair or pc power and cooling PSU. somewhere around 500W i would assume is plenty? I plan on having around 5-6 TB drives
The mobo must be rock solid, i'm not looking to overclock or do anything too fancy.

As a side note, does anyone know if the p180 will fit a regular scythe ninja or would i have to get a mini ninja?

Thanks in advance for all the advice

AMD BE-2350, 2gb RAM, 780G board, Earthwatts EA430, WD or Seagate 1.5tb drives

You can fit a full ninja, it's an ATX case. p180 mini however needs a mini ninja.

i have this case with a WHS in it....

i have a 780g motherboard: 6 sata with a x4 9600 and 4 750gb GP drives... uses 35w at idle.... cnq enabled

It's perfectly fine, but if you're only rarely going to be using it for video encoding, and mostly as a video player, there's no need.
Make sure to get a mobo with integrated GPU though, as it will save power and be able to decode anything needed

yea, i won't be actually playing video on it, it's just going to primarily be used as a file server for my other two rigs. thanks for the suggestions.

AMD BE-2350, 2gb RAM, 780G board, Earthwatts EA430, WD or Seagate 1.5tb drives

Ahah, this is exactly what my file server is going to look like but with smaller HD. Maybe 1TB will do.

Back