Help me pick a new monitor

oMek

Gawd
Currently have a 32" HP OMEN that will be passed to my wife to replace he older Korean monitor that is on its way out.

Goals...

1440p
34-35" Ultra Wide
100+ hz
NOT TN or normal VA
$600 price limit.

Not really worried about gsync/freesync but would be a nice bonus.

Have looked around and only monitors I can find that fit the bill is the monoprice 35" and the massdrop 34"

Being they are off brands Im kinda scared to drop the cash on them and end up with something I don't like.

If you can stretch the budget to $700, this new monitor from Viewsonic looks pretty nice (ViewSonic ELITE XG320R-C).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MR337HK/

It's FreeSync, I don't know if anyone has tried it with Nvidia yet but it may work (what GPU do you have?).

Also has HDR10, not sure if you care about that but it does make a difference (in supported games).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That Viewsonic does not look bad, its a AMVA. not sure how those compare to other pannels.

Personally I think VA looks the best in terms of colors (that's what I have on my Samsung TV).

Only issue is the response time is long, so you get a certain element of trailing/ghosting but it has improved with newer panels.

But it's always a compromise. Wouldn't pick TN unless it was for ultra high refresh, and IPS and VA look similar to me. I might even prefer VA honestly. It just seems to "pop" more.

VA POOP
TN POOP
IPS POOP

OLED
0w5UAMX.gif

Back