Help me pick a new case color!

Katiemarie

n00b
Ok so basically, I want to repaint my case. Right now, here's (basically) what it looks like.
11-124-061-09.JPG.jpg

I'm thinking possibly black, because black looks really good with a really high gloss finish, but I'm not quite sure. Maybe another color silver? The problem is that the window on the side has a blue tint to it, and I'm having kind of a problem finding a new side panel,(I've found some that say they're chieftex/enermax compatible, but the measurements don't seem to add up, they all look too tall to me.) so whatever color I choose has to look pretty good with blue.

Any ideas on a good color, or even where I can find a new side panel?

Orange. Black and silver are played out and Orange contrast very nice with blue.

Katiemarie said:
Ok so basically, I want to repaint my case. Right now, here's (basically) what it looks like.
11-124-061-09.JPG.jpg

I'm thinking possibly black, because black looks really good with a really high gloss finish, but I'm not quite sure. Maybe another color silver? The problem is that the window on the side has a blue tint to it, and I'm having kind of a problem finding a new side panel,(I've found some that say they're chieftex/enermax compatible, but the measurements don't seem to add up, they all look too tall to me.) so whatever color I choose has to look pretty good with blue.

Oh my gosh its a girl modder!!! Yippeee *crosses fingers* Anyways all the sexist stuff aside, I think that case would like great in a nice metalflake blue, but of course im partial to that color. You should post a picture of yerself :D

Im gonna have to agree on the orange comment , not enough use of it :) And it does look great against blue :)

Orange kinda scares me, I dunno it's a little too.....obnoxious for me.

I'm trying to go for a more sleek look, I guess. Which is why I realllly want to find a new side panel, because my initial idea was to do a really cool deep red, but with all that blue it'd look like a Spiderman comic gone horribly wrong.

bluesteel said:
Oh my gosh its a girl modder!!! Yippeee *crosses fingers* Anyways all the sexist stuff aside, I think that case would like great in a nice metalflake blue, but of course im partial to that color. You should post a picture of yerself :D

Yes, it's true, some of us DO, in fact, exist. :p.

Black is a good choice. I'd go with flat black instead of gloss though.
Personal preference.

Yay! for modder chicks

Booo for orange

Sorry I wasn't any help, but I had a .02 I had to get rid of :p

Persimmon - definately the colour everyone will have on their case after you mod yours .... yes, its a real colour. It is named after the fruit. Is sort of like an orange with more red in it.

Another option (and I can't believe I am admittin this), BUT ... when I wa in Michael's looking for picture frames the other day, they had some real cool colours your don't find at the hardware store. Among the options that have been done before are colour shifting paints - black base coat, with a colour changing second coat, and a clear coat on that. Gives a nice metal shen that changes colour depending upon direction. I wondered what the effect wold be if instead of using black as the ase, you used a dark red or blue ... could be worth experimenting with.

Good luck.

Ive seen that ALOT. ITs as common as a chenming case dude. lol. Ive seen it on xboxes even! Oh yeah, YAY For girl modders! Yippee

bluesteel said:
Ive seen that ALOT. ITs as common as a chenming case dude. lol. Ive seen it on xboxes even! Oh yeah, YAY For girl modders! Yippee
Persimmon or chromaluion paint? Persimmon - yet to see it. Chromalusion paint - fairly common, and would look good on that case, especially since she is considering black or another silver colour. Dark blue base coat under chromalusion paint would be great on that case.

My next case is going to end up High Gloss White w/ blue stripes/accents/whatever.

I want to say a nice deep, rich green with black trim and/or stripes. But I just dont think it would look that good with the blue. I like green, its my favorite color. :)

Oh, hooray for female modders! :p

Pink... it's the way to go. Totally the awesome color of the year.

Naw, I'm just kidding. Just because you're a girl doesn't mean you should go pink. Though I don't see many pink cases.... possibly because our computers are too [H]ard for that?

Seriously I would go with orange. The right color could work wonders. I agree with the ones that said black is overdone.

And consider painting the inside, that always is fun :)

DudeItsMe said:

Naw, I'm just kidding. Just because you're a girl doesn't mean you should go pink. Though I don't see many pink cases.... possibly because our computers are too [H]ard for that?

Nope, its the other way around. Pink is too [H]ard for your computers. :p

DudeItsMe said:

Seriously I would go with orange. The right color could work wonders. I agree with the ones that said black is overdone.

And consider painting the inside, that always is fun :)

Pink?
yuck.gif

A really nice gloss or pearl white sounds kinda cool, it'd be a challenge. A really deep navy blue sounds good too. A friend of mine had a trans am that was this gorgeous color blue, it was almost black. I miss that car. :(

And dammit, I'm not doing orange. :p

Chalk one up for the Chromalusion. I do'nt know where you can get the real McCoy, but several compaines make color-change paints. Spaz Stix brand RC car paint should work nicely with a black undercoat and a good clear-coat over it.
Perhaps Blue-Red color-change paint would fit the bill?

I think either like a navy blue, or a high-gloss black. I've always wanted a high-gloss black case with a nice blue cold cathode...

you know, i think, at my hs, i don't know a single girl that's really into computers...lol...way to go, diversify the computer world :p

Another good color would be like a darker shade of Cyan. With more grey in it, that would contrast nice with blue, and look sleek at the same time.

Blue is great, but blue that can change to red depending on how you look at it is just plain cool. Spencer's Gifts (it's like a toy store with X-rated content.....not surprisingly, I do'nt go there often) has some nice acrylic water-based UV reactive paint for 10$ for a 6-tube set. Although I would get something nicer for the exterior, it should do a fine job for the inside, and it's cheap, too.

Dammit, I'm not doing orange! :p

I did find a solution to my blue tinted window problem though. I went to Home Depo and bought some plexiglass, I'll just make a brand new window. :D

here is my suggestion. have the inside either yellow or blue and they outside the oposite. so if you had a yellow inside you would have blue outside. yellow and blue look sweet together like the spoon s2000

2003730103359_Racing_Spoon_S2000_03.jpg

*drool* :p

I say lime green or light blue. I think that those colors would look great especially if they're high gloss. I haven't really seen many cases like that. Also I think that these colors would contrast really well with black or white. Like perhaps you should paint the inside black and most of the case light blue with black highlights or whatever. It's a lot better than orange :( I also like the yellow idea.

DRJ1014 said:
here is my suggestion. have the inside either yellow or blue and they outside the oposite. so if you had a yellow inside you would have blue outside. yellow and blue look sweet together like the spoon s2000

2003730103359_Racing_Spoon_S2000_03.jpg

*drool* :p
You would think after spending that kind of money on a car, you'd use the same colour of yellow paint on all the body panels...(re: the bumper...)

Katiemarie said:
11-124-061-09.JPG.jpg

How about this?? It's a rough sketch, but what do you think?? :p

Copyof11-124-061-09.jpg

i don't care if that's not real, that should go in the ugliest case thread :p!!!

Chevy orange. that's the only way to go. my next case will probably be that color, and i'm painting my truck that color also. if you're gonna get orange (which you should) chevy orange is the only way to go. girl modders are awesome

I think I like the copper more.

blackyellow.jpg

blackcopper.jpg

I just did the curves to get a feel for the look, maybe flames, or some abstract design would be better.

Back