Help me make a decision and new Gaming Setup

AnNiMosSiTY

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I am looking to build a new rig soon, mainly to play BF3 and Diablo 3 on.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

Gaming, Movies Browsing, Studying and Listening to Music

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

800$ not including parts I have already but would like to keep it cheap as possible without sacrificing to much.

3) Where do you live?

California

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

CPU, Motherboard, not sure on GPU yet, Sound Card and not sure on PSU.

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

Brand New Parts I currently have.
Corsair 800D Case
Corsair XMS3 8GB Ram 4 x2GB sticks 1600mhz
Intel X25-M 120 GB SSD
Corsair H50 CPU Cooler

Up in the air about reusing my Radeon 5870 and Antec 550 Watt PSU

6) Will you be overclocking?

No

7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?

Switch between a westinghouse 37inch and x2 Dell U2311H

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

Within 2 months

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.

USB 3.0 and Newest Sata interface, no need for SLI

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

Yes, win7 ult 64 bit

My current setup is currently

Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 Motherboard
Phenom II X4 965 CPU
Radeon 5870
4GB GSkill RAM
80GB Intel X-25 SSD
500B WD Storage Drive (will be reusing)
Creative Xi-Fi Gamer Sound Card that died a few weeks ago
Antec 550 PSU
CM Scout Case

I basically want a bad ass system to play Diablo 3 and BF3. Right now I just play SC2 and League of Legends so nothing really demanding. I am not sure if I should reuse my 5870 and Antec PSU. I am using onboard sound at the moment and not to impressed with it after losing my sound card. Its really noticeable when I use my seinheiser 595's. I am also considering just selling my current setup for a few hundred bucks minus storage drive and put that $ towards it.

I was reading that it would be a good idea to wait till next month for the new bulldozer CPU's to be released claiming it might drop SB prices but if we are talking only 20-35 bucks I don't really care. What route would you reccomend for me? Another question is would it be worth selling my new X25M SSD and getting the 2nd gen one or one of those new Vertex ones?

Thanks,

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

Within 2 months
Yeah the problem is that we really can't guarantee that our parts recommendations will be solid in a month from now let alone two. As such, if there's a possibility that you won't be able to build/buy more than a month from now, just come back when you're about 2-3 weeks away from actually ordering the parts. You'll get up-to-date advice that way.

Antec 550 PSU
Which Antec 550W PSU do you have?

Honestly dude, just wait till BF3 comes out and then upgrade then. It does not make sense to upgrade so far in advance for a game that hasn't come out yet. In addition, Diablo 3 more than likely won't be heavily demanding. This is Blizzard we're talking about here. So stick with your current setup. With the games you're currently playing/listed, you probably won't notice a difference wtih an upgrade.

Back