Help me lower the footprint of my PC. Just want smaller case for my components.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
Hey everyone, so I am back to PC gaming and put together a pretty nice rig however I am finding (idk if it's me getting older) but I feel as though the cases for PC and especially the one I have is just too big. I want to find something that is a lot smaller or even marginally smaller.

Currently using the Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower case. I made this in Paint so I can show you the dimensions.

jWWRZW8.jpg

The motherboard I am using is a MSI X99a SLI Plus. The dimensions of it are 12" in Width and 9.6" in Length.

mot_pic.php

The PSU a EVGA Supernova 860 G2 and is 7" Length x 5.9 Width x 3.4" Height.

I also have a Founder's Edition GTX 1080 which is 8.9" Length x 4.4" Width x 2" in height.

What I am guessing that with the size of the motherboard I would have to go smaller and get a different form factor if I want a smaller case. It also doesn't help that the Be Quiet cooler I have for the CPU is massive and almost touches the case door from the floor of the Motherboard. It's dimensions are 8.27 x 6.1 x 6.89.

What do I have to do to make my PC fit into a smaller case? When I say smaller, I mean as small as I can get it that will still adequately cool and fit my components.

You really can't go much smaller without having to get a smaller motherboard, CPU cooler, and likely have worse cooling with everything crammed into a tiny space. The Fractal Design Define C is about as small a case that you can go without replacing the rest of your components (it can only hold 2 HDDs though).

Yeah, on a full size board, you won't be able to shrink down much, unless you lose a lot of drive space.

with a single chamber design, you are going to be limited to at least 18" in height due to the full size board and PSU.
Some dual chamber cases are shorter but are wider, like a cube.

my old Cube case is only 14" tall but is probably double the width of your case,
case6.jpg

Back