Help me identify this fan connector!!! mini 4 pin???

phudog

n00b
PICT0064.jpg

PICT0076.jpg

PICT0067.jpg

PICT0074.jpg

here are some pictures of the fan connector. it is from a 50x50x15 sunon fan (Magelev kde1205phvx). It has 4 wires as you can see but looks very similar to a 3 pin connector (just not as long). i have searched all over to look for info on this type of connector and no luck. I am pretty sure someone that reads this forum has seen or knows where i could purchase fans with that type of connection. I am looking to add another fan to this system as you can see this motherboard is capable of running 2, but it only came w/ one :(

The motherboard model is fc51pvg and the system is acer aspire l100. I would appreciate any input that might lead me to some more fans w/ this connection type. Thanks!!!

i saw that connector on a zalman fan controler i bought, il look for it when i get home and see what model it was

would also be nice to know what motherboard/CPU your talkin about. from the pics that looks like a server, contact the mfg and order another fan.

KDE1205PHV1 ? page 22
I looked at that and that model has a 3 pin connector.

would also be nice to know what motherboard/CPU your talkin about. from the pics that looks like a server, contact the mfg and order another fan.
The motherboard model is fc51pvg (foxconn) running amd 64 3800+. Yeah i tried contacting acer support, lets just say they do not have good service at all. I have been trying to obtain another fan from them but from the looks of it, it might take a a while or not even happen at all.

aren't those the pwm controlled fans? The shape of the connector looks different.
don't know what pwm controlled fans are but i did a google search and they do look very similar.

I wonder if there would be a way i could just buy a 50x50x15 of my liking and just solder the wires directly to the board since the "plugs" are hard to find.

From my understanding if it is a pwm fan connector, it should still run a 3pin fan, just without the pwm feature so you may be able to try Just any fan you can find.

PWM means that your fans would run at varying speeds depending on the temps and that is what the fourth wire is. It sends the signal from the board to the pwm controlled part in the fan and fan speeds/slows accordingly.

Yes. It's a PWM fan. I've got the same controller on my 8800GTS fan.

Uhm... You can probably just use ANY pwm fan, and use the lead off the OLD fan. Just solder it on to the working fan.

Back