Help me ID this Hauppauge Card!

HotL3@D

[H]ard|Gawd
A family member gave me a TV Tuner card but i am having trouble finding out information on it on the internet and i'm new to all this. What i want to know is what software should i use with it and if it has Hardware decoding or not. I'll tell you what info i have.

Hauppauge WinTV NTSC 44801 rev D110 is what is printed on the large silver box on the card with a date of 2002.. there is also a black microchip on the card that says "Conexant Fusion 878a" on it.

The connectors on the card: 1 coax connection, 1 line in, 1 line out and a yellow video in connector....

Any info you can give me would be helpful.. I tried the hauppauge webpage and didnt find a whole lot of info about the card itself and its specs, and cant seem to find it on newegg.... is this a good card? all i want to do with the card is watch television on my computer, and occassionaly record programs i may miss if i'm out..

It's an older model WinTV-GO, based on a BT878 chip.
I have the same card.

Here is the page for your drivers and software.

ncantador said:
It's an older model WinTV-GO, based on a BT878 chip.
I have the same card.

Here is the page for your drivers and software.

Hey, thanks! It seems i am missing an audio cable? Does the audio cable need to be hooked up in order to hear sound?

To answer your other questions, that's a software encoding card and probably the best software for it might be BeyondTV. They have a full featured 15 day demo so DL that and give it a try.

HotL3@D said:
Hey, thanks! It seems i am missing an audio cable? Does the audio cable need to be hooked up in order to hear sound?

Yes you need to run a cable from that mini jack into the input of your sound card (externally) - a small cable like that should only cost a dollar or two at radio shack. (like this but it doesnt need to be more than about 3-4 inches long)

k1114 said:
Yes you need to run a cable from that mini jack into the input of your sound card (externally) - a small cable like that should only cost a dollar or two at radio shack. (like this but it doesnt need to be more than about 3-4 inches long)

I just got back from radio shack with that same cable, they didnt have one that was shorter, unfortunately... BUt it'll do.. gonna install the card now, i'm excited, first jump into watching/recording tv on my computer.

Back