help me guess this UI

jonathonball

[H]ard|Gawd
I found this on 4walled.cc... any guesses on what this person is using to drive this UI?

The bottom bar looks like a pretty standard power control widget, but the radial menu and the status bar have me stumped

ui.png

Last edited:
MIUI base, Circle Launcher, Power Widget Pro, not sure what else.

Yep. entropism is correct. That's what I see as well.

The weather widget looks like it could be Beautiful Widgets or HD Widgets. Both have skins that can do that.

Don't all these launchers and shit slow your phone down? I see a bunch on the Play Store but I can't decide whether it's worth it or not. Looks cool though. I would love to see a new UI come in to challenge Google, Microsoft, and Apple. I remember Engadget showing a UI that was experimental which looked like your average Android phone but the UI used all digital wheels on the screen so the whole phone could be used one-handed no matter what you were doing.

EDIT; Here it is. Linux based, and it's called ELSE...
http://youtu.be/z8s8tZYihps

they do slow your phone down. I've never found one that was stable enough to make me want to use it all the time.

No, it doesn't usually slow your phone down (unless you have an ancient phone that struggles anyways), and in some cases actually make things a bit quicker. Older Blur, Sense & Touchwiz based phones do much better with a launcher replacement. Personally I'm a fan of Nova for ICS based phones.

As for stability, I've NEVER had a launcher crash on me, unless it was a new release that was fixed within a day or so.

Don't all these launchers and shit slow your phone down? I see a bunch on the Play Store but I can't decide whether it's worth it or not. Looks cool though. I would love to see a new UI come in to challenge Google, Microsoft, and Apple. I remember Engadget showing a UI that was experimental which looked like your average Android phone but the UI used all digital wheels on the screen so the whole phone could be used one-handed no matter what you were doing.

EDIT; Here it is. Linux based, and it's called ELSE...
http://youtu.be/z8s8tZYihps

Launchers don't slow your phone down necessarily. The stock home screen is also just a launcher - these ones simply replace that (rather, Android will ask you which one you want to use). They aren't a layer on top or anything like that, they are full replacements for the stock one. The stock one will not be running at all, so unless the replacement launcher is actually slower, your phone won't slow down at all.

It's super trivial to switch between them, so just try one out and see what you think. Unless you like to tinker you probably won't see much difference between them and the stock one, though.

Back