Help me get the most out of my "V-Color" memory?

When I upgraded from my 7700K to my 3900X, I found out my old Corsair Dominator Platinum kit did not want to XMP with the new board. My brother gifted me some "V-Color" brand RAM, and while the XMP seems to apply, I'm not sure if it's a "good" kit of RAM. I don't know much about timings. The kit is listed at 3600MHz. I'm currently only running it in 2666, because I can't seem to get into my BIOS for the life of me...

1595961383109.png

Here's a snip from CPU-Z. If I can get it to apply XMP again, are those good timings for a kit of this speed? Would it be worth it for me to attempt to manually tighten the timings or consider a RAM kit from another manufacturer?

Thanks!

on the slow side .. so looks like 3600mhz CAS 18 1.35v .. don't do XMP but use as a base and do manual 3600mhz and tighten up timings until it pukes on yuh and then back off a bit .. trial and error to see what your sticks can actually do

Looks like a pretty standard set of Hynix memory. I wouldn't be too worried about it. I'd at least take a little time and try to tighten the timings, but the difference between Cas 18 and say Cas 16 at 3600Mhz probably isn't worth the price difference if you wanted to swap it out, especially since you already have the other kit in hand.

Back