HELP ME get cool n quiet to work!

Yashu

[H]ard|Gawd
I would like to turn on cool n quiet.

I have turned it on in the bios, installed the driver in windows x64, and I have set ACPI 2.0 in my bios.

still nothing happens.

clock speeds do not change at all even with 0% cpu usage.

any ideas?

I have x2 3800+ on an asus a8v deluxe 2.0 motherboard with bios 1017. not overclocked.

I would love to use CnQ as I moved and want to save on electric bill. (I leave the PC on 24/7)

Go into power options under the control panel, set the power scheme to "minimal power management", click ok.

wee96 said:
Go into power options under the control panel, set the power scheme to "minimal power management", click ok.
...and if you end up with a bevy of BSODs, turn it all off.

ho72 said:
...and if you end up with a bevy of BSODs, turn it all off.

hahah, aint that the truth. I like the idea, but not the performance of CnQ, especially when oc'ing.

ok

got this to work by enabling the minimum power management.

but I beleive you are right about it being buggy... I stressed the CPU and it would never go all the way to the full 2.0ghz clock... and eventually it stuck at 1.8ghz and never moved.

so... I will just leave it running stock.

Good idea, CnQ is a good idea but doesnt work stable enough for us enthusiasts. In fact, I had it on my wifes system (A64 3000+ Venice) which has always been stock and it started randomly rebooting just today. Disable CnQ, problem solved.

Try RMClock instead of the AMD cpu driver. I have been very happy with its performance.

ok I am going to try this RMclock...

so basically I uninstall the AMD driver but leave all the other CnQ settings on and then run RMclock?

Try first, without uninstalling CPU-driver, run RMClock and enable P-State transitions. Have one called 5x, in addition to the higher multiplier levels.

Back