Help me firgure out what PSU I need.

Phandalyon

I have spent the last 3 hours trying to gather all of the info I need so I can go through Ice Czar's Hot to know what PSU to get thread.

Here is where I am at so far on the takaman's PSU calculator:

3.3V=11.1A
5V=38.2A
12V=29.8A
3.3+5=228.2W
3.3+5+12=586.9W
total=596.9W

My Current PSU is:
+3.3=28A
+5=50A
+12=18A
-12=1A
-5=.8A
+5VSB=2.5A
Wattage=450

As you can see I am horribly overtaxing my current PSU and I haven't even found accurate numbers for several of my devices to enter into takaman's calculator. I am still looking for:

Motherboard (Gigabyte GASINXP1394)
Sound Card (Chaintech AV710)
Vido Capture Card (PCCHIPS cheapie)
USB Hub (Internal, powered on 5V line)

takaman's calculator also only gives the option for 4 USB devices, I have 10.

So I need a pretty decent power supply from the looks of things. I am surprised I have had only the small number of issues I have had so far. My motherboard has some dual power system thingy on it thats supposed to help stability and the system has been extremely stable. It is the USB devices that have been really glitchy.

Anyway, I am looking for a new PSU. I am going to start going through the ones on Newegg one by one and see what I come up with. In the mean time, any help that you can give would be appreciated.

Thank you.

The only thing that worries me about those is that they are very close to my current max power. Of course I am not going to be running peak all the time, but if I add anything more to my computer it could push it even closer.

I am starting to wonder if I should look at something with multiple 12V rails.

The numbers on both of those PSU's are very conservative. Most other manufacturers dramatize their numbers.

If thats the case that Powerstream is looking like just what I need. I may just go ahead and bite the bullet. I need a new case anyway so I think I will just do both at the same time.

I guess everything else in my system is somewhat nice, might as well get a nice PSU and Case.

Back