Help me find the video scaler converter thread please

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
We had a thread a while back talking about emulation and options for people that have the originals but run emulation purely because you get filters, scaling, scan lines and a lack of equipment for converting old video out.

Lot of folks chimed in who were running ancient gear but had highend video converters and scalers to get stuff like NES, Sega Master System and older stuff to look good on HD screens.

Anyone remember the thread or know what gear I'm talking about? I recall it's higher end stuff running in the upper hundreds-thousands price wise.

The current high-water mark is a xrgb-mini "Framemeister", which is a .jp product that can be imported.

The OSSC is an open source project set to be the new darling, but isn't generally available yet. It's coming soon, and can be bought assembled or in kit form if you have the skills to assemble.

There's probably more boutique products with the higher price tags you mentioned, but these two are the general consensus as far as I have seen.

Deinterlacing, Scaling, Processing: Micomsoft Special - XRGB-2, XRGB-3, Framemeister and XPC-4 is a good site with some over views of several scalers

and

TheThrillness Blog is a aite that reviews capture cards and retro gaming streaming stuff

they should lead in some good directions .

also retroarch Libretro | A crossplatform application API, powering the crossplatform gaming platform RetroArch and some awesome crt shaders can deliver some really great crt emulation on modern high power computers .

Back