Help me find the perfect case!

Salorian

n00b
I am currently using a Cooler Master HAF 932.

It's too heavy, its massive...my 120mm fans are too damn loud and I hate it.

I've been looking at the P183 because I really like that bottom thing for the PSU etc...however, I am not a fan of the door.

I want a mid tower that is sleek/professional looking and has great wire management. My budget is about $150.00 US shipped.

Anyone have any ideas as to what would work well? Been looking at a bunch of Lian-Li/Silverstone....but can't find anything that really sticks out to me. Silver/brushed aluminum would be nice!

Hmm! That looks pretty nice, but it has no sexy bottom compartment for the PSU. :-\

My suggestions would only either be Antec, LL, or Silverstone. Corsair possibly, but thats easily outside your budget.

lian li makes different models then the one posted. take a look some others they have. your bound to find something you like.

Antec p180 mini and just pull the door off. I really like the look of it, but I've never put my hands on one.

Finding a compartmentalized computer case outside the Antec Performance One series for that price is going to be difficult. But if you're looking beyond that feature I'd say that any of Lian-Li's mid-tower cases under $130 would fit the bill perfectly. Understated styling and well built with decent features, can't go wrong with that. The PC-60F and PC-7F come to mind. :D

I've personally used this case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112154

Used it for a build I did not too long ago.... MAN that is a NICE CASE!!!
one of the better cases I've ever worked in. very very easy to hide wires in, it looks great and it has ease of access beyond what I have with my Antec 180B.
I HATE working in the 180b. the 180 (and 183 for that matter) are great cases for keeping noise way down. And are great if you never need to get into the case. but if you like to tinker and tweek your computer often I would recommend ageist the 180/183. now in the defense of the 180/183 I have the version just before they released the behind the mobo wire management. So the new versions do look a little eaiser to work with... still, I really REALLY like that lancool case that I built with enough to buy it for my own personal system.

I think you should just stick to P183. I'm a happy user of P182 for 2 years. It slick , it doesn't have distracting details, it near silent if equipped with silent fans etc.

It might be out of your price range, and I don't know how heavy it'd be, but if you want sleek/professional, nothing'll beat the Silverstone Raven. The motherboard is oriented so all the connections are on the top rather than the bottom.

As far as case LED's go, you can disable them pretty easily. I just didn't plug in the wire thing for mine and now it's nice and dark. LED fans are easy to replace with better non-shiny ones so that's a misnomer.

I've had my P180B for a couple years and love it so naturally I got the P183 for my next build... the case itself is great like the 180B however I am greatly disappointed with the front filters. They are now not removable.. how the heck am I supposed to get the gunk off them now w/out causing it to go all over :rolleyes: With my 180B I could just unstap, run under water, let dry, and re-install... now I`m going to have to use a vacuum and suck them clean which is not something I like to do near my PC. Not to mention the ENTIRE FRONT side is now a "filter" since the unused bays up top are filters/screens too... at least they are removable but it's just more to clean.

case is still awesome but non-removable filters is ridiculous.

I've had my P180B for a couple years and love it so naturally I got the P183 for my next build... the case itself is great like the 180B however I am greatly disappointed with the front filters. They are now not removable.. how the heck am I supposed to get the gunk off them now w/out causing it to go all over :rolleyes: With my 180B I could just unstap, run under water, let dry, and re-install... now I`m going to have to use a vacuum and suck them clean which is not something I like to do near my PC. Not to mention the ENTIRE FRONT side is now a "filter" since the unused bays up top are filters/screens too... at least they are removable but it's just more to clean.

case is still awesome but non-removable filters is ridiculous.

How does the cable management compare to the 180b?
I take it you had the 180B with no wire management behind the mobo?

Back