help me find the mobo for this dell.

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
his IDE channels are messed up and wants to just switch the mobo, i dont know if he will need a miniATX or full. its a dell dimension 4600

he needs the mobo to have a AGP slot, since he has a 9800 pro 256mb

I don't know if a new mobo will fit in the 4600 case. From all that I have heard, the mounting holes are a in different places then normal atx's are.

Also doesn't dell use PSU's that cannot be used with non-Dell mobos? That is what I heard a long time ago.

ya, your right. i remembered looking @ the PSU connector and it was mad different. is possible to buy a dell mobo from somewhere?

On the newer models of dells, the psus are standard atx. I have a dim 4600, and I put a TT purepower 420w in her! Nothing started on fire...yet. :D

wut kind of mobo did you stik in it?

EXreaction said:
On the newer models of dells, the psus are standard atx. I have a dim 4600, and I put a TT purepower 420w in her! Nothing started on fire...yet. :D

I tried swapping out a mobo in a Dell - but no luck. The holes were not in the standard places so we ended up grabbing a new case. But it wasn't a 4600 - so maybe it'll work? But I'd make sure before making the change.

Back