Help me find a new phone please, doesn't have to be the latest & The greatest, thanks

kohan69

2[H]4U
Hello, I've broken my phone that I was relatively ok with (sony ericons k555i) but it has a small screen and no qwerty keyboard

I tried the Nokia E90 communicator - and was very impressed, but it's not a realistic pocket PC if it's not running XP or a usable linux distro, imho

I've been waiting for XPphone forever now.

Ideally my phone would be a pocket-PC clamshell, with a phone on the outside - liek the e90, but run on an x86 system using tinyXP
- a boy can dream, right?

I'll probably remain on AT&T\GSM based

This phone can be coming out in a month, or over 5 years old, just inform me what are my options.

I'm looking for a phone wit the following features, I don't care if enabling these features will require voiding warranties, breaking EULAs, or copyright laws (I'm not looking for phone to BUY software for, especially software that has much better free alternatives on a desktop OS):

Primary:
  • Good voice quality, I want to hear my callers well, I want to be heard well
  • Good reception
  • Flash-light feature\built-in led
  • Camera on same side as flash light, to take pictures in dark, and not just red dot crap camera, but something with a focus
  • voice recording, ability to record ongoing conversations
  • Bluetooth, speakerphone, expandable media (microSD), replaceable battery

Secondary:
  • MP3 playback
  • headphone jack out
  • wifi
  • USB port
  • ability to tether with computer through wifi via creating an access point (unofficial, 3rd party, pdanet, etc)

Thirdly:
  • decent battery life
  • GPS
  • flash support (hacked\no sound ok)
  • Preferably not touch-screen only, i like a physical keyboard especially for dialing
  • video out
  • multi-band (europa/asia/usa/etc)
  • x86 based

Based on my requirements, I think I want to try a Nokia N900 - right?

Last edited:
since you have a lot of requirements, go to gsmarena.com and put it in and see what your options are

Back