Help me find a forgotten game.

Krenum

Fully [H]
This is going to drive me mad.

When I was a kid I used to play this game, It was either on my NES or my Genesis.

It was like Ninja Gaiden, a side scroller, but you could go up and down too. You played as a Ninja I think and had the ability to mirror or split yourself into 4.

One of the bosses you fought was a statue that looked like a King, you had to climb the level vertically to get to him.

anyway, that is all I really remember of it. Every now and then it pops into my head and I try to find it but never can. Anyone know something I don't? Or think they might know what game this is?

I think you're thinking of "Shadow Dancer" which is one of the Shinobi games.

This is level one with the dog powerup you can use:
shadow_dancer-154619-4.jpeg

best time in video game imo but i cant recall that move in the games i remember

Strider was similar to Ninja Gaiden and you could move vertically by jumping back and forth between walls.

Shadow of the Ninja on the NES, possibly? I recall there being a few vertical stages in that game. Don't remember if there was a power-up that let you split though.

Or maybe Ninja Spirit for the Turbo Grafx16?

This is going to drive me mad.

When I was a kid I used to play this game, It was either on my NES or my Genesis.

It was like Ninja Gaiden, a side scroller, but you could go up and down too. You played as a Ninja I think and had the ability to mirror or split yourself into 4.

One of the bosses you fought was a statue that looked like a King, you had to climb the level vertically to get to him.

anyway, that is all I really remember of it. Every now and then it pops into my head and I try to find it but never can. Anyone know something I don't? Or think they might know what game this is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrath_of_the_Black_Manta

wrath-of-the-black-manta-screenshot-001-280px.png

I'm curious, anyone figure it out. Strider was on SNES wasn't it?

Strider was on NES and Genesis. Two very different games.

The split in four comment makes me think Shinobi...

I think I remember a special move in NG2 or 3 that you split into multiples.

Back