Help me find a 1U Server Case with 2x PCI slots Mini-ITX MB and Flex PSU support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DualAmdMp

Limp Gawd
Hi Guys. I'm looking to build a 1U PC but I'm having a problem finding a 1U Case that supports 2x PCI slots. Any suggestions appreciated.

I attached a picture of the case that only has 1 PCI slot as an example.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1u.JPG
    1u.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
Yeah I saw that one too, but from the looks of it, it doesn't allow 2 expansion slots. But with a little Dremel work I bet you could make it fit!

It's also very difficult to do for stacked slots like that. On a Dell/Lenovo/HP/whatever they can pull it off because they'll design a custom 2-slot riser board. For most inexpensive 1U cases, it's just a simple single-slot right angle riser board to get the PCIe slot to horizontal. It'd be hard/impossible to do two of them, because the first card would be in the way of the second one.

Can I ask *why* you feel the need to have a 1U system with two PCIe slots in it?

It's also very difficult to do for stacked slots like that. On a Dell/Lenovo/HP/whatever they can pull it off because they'll design a custom 2-slot riser board. For most inexpensive 1U cases, it's just a simple single-slot right angle riser board to get the PCIe slot to horizontal. It'd be hard/impossible to do two of them, because the first card would be in the way of the second one.

Can I ask *why* you feel the need to have a 1U system with two PCIe slots in it?
I like to expand my options in case I need to add anything additional in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back