Help me decide my new Win 8 budget build

thomasward00

Limp Gawd
I want a nice general useage PC, Light to moderate gaming.....

Skyrim and the upcoming Phantasy Star 2 Online, I'm not looking for a smackdown gaming rig.

A10-5800K or a new Piledriver 6300 and discreet low cost Vid card?

I don't want to build a full on gaming rig, when I simply don't game all that much and the A10 or 6300 should be a much faster upgrade from my Phenom 1

A10-5800k in hybrid crossfire with a HD6670.

AM3+ is dead after Steamroller (successor to Piledriver), while FM2 is going to be around at least until Excavator (successor to Steamroller).

I think you would be fine with A10-5800k for a simple gaming rig. they seem to overclock pretty well.

I'm still torn between an A10-5800K and going with an FX6300 and a Radeon 7700...

My son wants to play skyrim and i'm not sure if the A10 would be enough.

What about this and then just throw in a video card: Shell Shocker deal

I would not trust a low price sale that does not mention the PSU model. A lot of cheap high power rated PSU models die once you actually use them, and they love taking other components with them to the grave.

Don't get an A10 and add a GPU, the AMD APU's make sense if you don't get a dedicated GPU.

Look at the toms review linked by Piotrsama and decide if those numbers are high enough, if not, get a cheap CPU with a dedicated GPU.

I would not trust a low price sale that does not mention the PSU model. A lot of cheap high power rated PSU models die once you actually use them, and they love taking other components with them to the grave.

Don't get an A10 and add a GPU, the AMD APU's make sense if you don't get a dedicated GPU.

Look at the toms review linked by Piotrsama and decide if those numbers are high enough, if not, get a cheap CPU with a dedicated GPU.

How would an FX6300 and say a 7770 do with Skyrim and general gaming? Would the performance boost justify the say 150.00 over the A10 alone?

I'm still torn between an A10-5800K and going with an FX6300 and a Radeon 7700...

My son wants to play skyrim and i'm not sure if the A10 would be enough.

my son's llano @ 3.4 ghz with a radeon 6570 in hybrid crossfire plays skyrim really well @ 1080p.

I don't think I ever tried it with just the integrated though.

Hybrid crossfire works well with my firepro dont know how well it would work for gaming though.

Back