Help me decide! - Cosmos 2 vs Switch 810

Rakky

n00b
I'm on the verge of buying a new computer but can't decide which case to get.

- Price and weight doesn't bother me.
- I want good solid build quality
- I want really good cooling capacity at it gets very hot where I live
- I would like to be able to fit a 240mm or 360mm radiator at the top in push/pull
- Features which make installing or swapping hardware easier are nice.

What do you guys think?

Cosmos 2 has lots more features, and aesthetically just looks nicer. Natively supports a 360 and a 240 in push/pull. Larger, heavier, and most likely better build quality.

NZXT Switch 810 is a lot more bare and basic. Natively supports a 420 (3x140) and 240 in push/pull. Of course, this means it can natively support a 360 as well. Reviews I have seen complain about a bit too much plastic in the construction.

Anything else, there's numerous reviews out there to make your decision from. Do a bit of legwork yourself, I bet the reason why you don't get answers is because you have made it painfully obvious that you did no legwork at all.

It seems like two way seperate case options. The switch 810 seems like a simplistic case designed to keep cost down and flexibility up meaning with a little work it can be a good air or water case.

The Cosmos II is for people who don't know what they want, they made it as big and feature full as you can make a case to make sure that if your looking for some functionality the Cosmos II has it. Its well built and can host the biggest hardware the most fans, the largest radiators.

So really the question is there something that the Cosmos II does that your worried the Switch 810 might not? Because if you ask me no reason to spend twice as much on a case if you like the other one and it already fits your needs.

Like I said one is a cost effective flexible case. The other is a feature filled behemoth meant to do everything. Why did you get stuck between these two? Then you might see more input.

Cosmos II has it. Its well built and can host the biggest hardware the most fans, the largest radiators.

With regards to the choices, the Cosmos II cannot hold biggest radiators that honor falls on the Switch. As for fans, I believe they both hold 8.
Anyways, in my eyes the Switch is the superior water cooling case. It can hold thicker radiators in push pull at the top, something the Cosmos cannot.

The Cosmos is the better built of the two, and does offer more features with regards to fan and light control. The Cosmos is larger, though much of that is due to the enormous aluminum struts on the outside of the case. The Cosmos 2 is also heavier...a lot heavier.

With the price difference between the two cases, I don't see them as all that comparable. They are really for two different target markets...with the Switch skewing a bit younger. The switch, due to the window, is certainly more "flashy". The Cosmos on the other hand is more elegant and sophisticated. Both can support high end builds with ease, but the Switch is defiantly more barebones...though its also $100 cheaper.

With regards to the choices, the Cosmos II cannot hold biggest radiators that honor falls on the Switch. As for fans, I believe they both hold 8.
Anyways, in my eyes the Switch is the superior water cooling case. It can hold thicker radiators in push pull at the top, something the Cosmos cannot.

The Cosmos is the better built of the two, and does offer more features with regards to fan and light control. The Cosmos is larger, though much of that is due to the enormous aluminum struts on the outside of the case. The Cosmos 2 is also heavier...a lot heavier.

With the price difference between the two cases, I don't see them as all that comparable. They are really for two different target markets...with the Switch skewing a bit younger. The switch, due to the window, is certainly more "flashy". The Cosmos on the other hand is more elegant and sophisticated. Both can support high end builds with ease, but the Switch is defiantly more barebones...though its also $100 cheaper.
Well I mean it can support a 480 at the top with some minor adjustments due to screw hole placing. Yeah push/would make it slightly more complicated. But I think even I could pull it off with out completely killing its esthetics.

But yeah still brings us to back to main point. I don't think people can really make a recommendation of case unless we knew why he settled on these two since they are such different cases in terms of features, size, weight, looks, and price. Why something like the 800D wasn't included.

Both will fill the bill, but there is another option that you are overlooking, the raven/fortress series.
IF you remove the drive cage, you can put a 3x180mm fan there, using the stock fans you will have more than adequete airflow, pair it up with a mcp 35x, swiftech res (100 bucks total), magic cool 180 mm x 3 radiator (100 dollars also)
Then you are at 200 dollars, + a drive cage if needed if you need to install a bunch of hdds.

However if money is no object, and you are going to mod a quad radiator on top or 3x140, a pair of 240mm or 360mm radiators on the bottom (depending on how deep your psu is)... then the cosmos is the way to go.

both can do the trick I think

I wish I can get one of them

let us know what one you picked

I have the Cosmos II, it fits 3x120 fans on the top, 1x140 on the back, 2x120 on the right side panel, 2x120 on HDD cages, 1x200 and 1x120 in the front pannel. Total: 10

It houses a slim 2x120mm rad on top without any modifications, probably a 3x120 even... for a 4x120 you would have to pull out a dremmel for sure though...

I have a Corsair H100 no problems... I'm loving the case, my only complaint is... it's so friggin heavy... 45 pounds with no hardware... or something like that...

that being said, it's gorgeous

419903_10150684835368641_509298640_9239085_1306370587_n.jpg

Hello danrdz : great to know that the H100 fit kinda out of the box !!!

Did you leave the fan at the original position and "just" added the H100 ?

I like to have something similar with a few noise as possible (with 10 HD and without a graphic card).

Thank for the photo also :)

I like to have something similar with a few noise as possible (with 10 HD and without a graphic card).

So the case does not come with all 10 fans, by default it comes with 1x200mm front, 1x140mm back, 1x120mm top, and 2x1200mm HDD bays... At least that's what I recall...

What I did was:
  • Remove the top of the case. All you need to do is remove a thumbscrew, mine was too tight so I had to loosen it with a screw driver first.
  • Unscrew the fan that came with the case because I purchased all red LED fans, placed 3x120mm red LED fans in the top compartment
  • Place the Radiator right below those fans inside the case.
  • ????
  • Profit

Also, the H100 only uses 2 of those fans, you could go for a 3x120mm rad of similar thickness, the only down side is that you will probably not be able to fit a drive in the top bay or it will be a very tight fit.

Hope this helps :)

I have the Cosmos II, it fits 3x120 fans on the top, 1x140 on the back, 2x120 on the right side panel, 2x120 on HDD cages, 1x200 and 1x120 in the front pannel. Total: 10

It houses a slim 2x120mm rad on top without any modifications, probably a 3x120 even... for a 4x120 you would have to pull out a dremmel for sure though...

I have a Corsair H100 no problems... I'm loving the case, my only complaint is... it's so friggin heavy... 45 pounds with no hardware... or something like that...

that being said, it's gorgeous

Ah, I forgot about the side panel fans.
Anyways, to put it in perspective, the Switch will hold a THICK 320mm OR 420mm radiator at the top with fans in push pull. It will also hold another 240mm radiator setup at the bottom of the case with fans in push pull. And if you really needed all the radiator you can get, you can add another 120/140mm radiator to the back panel, and possibly the front panel (you'll have to remove the second drive cage).
And yes, Corsair series coolers and their radiators will bolt right into the Switch 810.

The Cosmos is a better built and larger case...its also almost $100 more expensive. If you are looking for a pure water cooling build, the Switch is a viable, and arguably better alternative then the Cosmos. However that's just one aspect of case ownership, and the Cosmos certainly has the edge in most other areas.

Here is my black Switch. 320mm radiator at the top, 240mm radiator at the bottom.
IMG_0133-1.jpg

Ah, I forgot about the side panel fans.
Anyways, to put it in perspective, the Switch will hold a THICK 320mm OR 420mm radiator at the top with fans in push pull. It will also hold another 240mm radiator setup at the bottom of the case with fans in push pull. And if you really needed all the radiator you can get, you can add another 120/140mm radiator to the back panel, and possibly the front panel (you'll have to remove the second drive cage).
And yes, Corsair series coolers and their radiators will bolt right into the Switch 810.

The Cosmos is a better built and larger case...its also almost $100 more expensive. If you are looking for a pure water cooling build, the Switch is a viable, and arguably better alternative then the Cosmos. However that's just one aspect of case ownership, and the Cosmos certainly has the edge in most other areas.

Here is my black Switch. 320mm radiator at the top, 240mm radiator at the bottom.
IMG_0133-1.jpg

This probably sums it up :)

The cosmos can only house up to a 3x120mm slim rad on top without mods, and from my understanding 2x120mm in the PSU compartment if you remove the HDD bays... however, the Switch is better for WC in general... but I don't think you even need that many rads period... but that's just me :)

Buy neither the 810 or the Cosmos II, Instead, spend as much as both of those cases combined and get a Case Labs STH10. It is extra thick solid aluminum and is one of the few cases made in the USA. Besides, the case can natively support multiple 4x120 or 4x140 rads without any modding.

I bought a TH10 giant cube case just three minutes before the price reset. join the fun.

I've only ever had good experiences with NZXT and their products. Can't say a whole lot about Cooler Master, though I do have a Hyper 212 plus CM heatsink, and it's also great quality. I think at this point its really down to personal preference. What looks best to you?

Cosmos 2 has lots more features, and aesthetically just looks nicer. Natively supports a 360 and a 240 in push/pull. Larger, heavier, and most likely better build quality.

NZXT Switch 810 is a lot more bare and basic. Natively supports a 420 (3x140) and 240 in push/pull. Of course, this means it can natively support a 360 as well. Reviews I have seen complain about a bit too much plastic in the construction.

Anything else, there's numerous reviews out there to make your decision from. Do a bit of legwork yourself, I bet the reason why you don't get answers is because you have made it painfully obvious that you did no legwork at all.

Well, I guess I can dispel some of the myths you're providing.

The Switch 810 is an extremely functional, out-of-the-box water cooling or air cooling case.
It supports up to a 480 radiator in the top, a 240 in the bottom (with the removal of one HDD cage, or mounting the Rad on the HDD cage.)

The CMII actually has more plastic than the Switch 810. And the complaints regarding the Switch 810's plastic have not been about the use of plastic, but that it simply wasn't aluminum.

The CMII weighs in at about 48 pounds, the Switch 810 20 pounds. That's stock, without any gear.

Reviews have been favorable regarding the S810, and TTL even stated he was close to creating an all new award for the chassis, but a few minor details (which NZXT will iron out in time) delayed that.

Back