help me chose MSI P67A-GD65 or GA-P67A-UD4

killianss

Weaksauce
Hey guys, got myself into a bit of a quandary here,

Basically at the end of the day i am looking for reliability and stability,I have these two boards picked out for an upcoming SB build. Which board would be the most ideal for these two?

GA-P67A-UD4 is the more expensive board but great reviews on newegg.

MSI P67A-G45 seems great at 140$ but has some reliability issues with g skill memory, so to be safe it seems like i would have to go for more expensive corsair memory.

Last edited:
1 vote for Gigabyte, but only if you can deal with using the old style bios.

I dont mind the old bios, I build pc's at work with intel dh55hc's and have to deal with their bios also been building for years and its all ive known lol.

I went MSI and usually i choose Gigabyte. Using the OC Genie with the stock HSF my computer OC'd to 4.2ghz. I'm pretty impressed that I got a decent overclock and it stays cool. The board looks nice in real life and I have had 0 problems. Either or it seems you can't go wrong. Personally I would choose MSI again.

I have the GD65 using Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24. But I haven't OCed yet, waiting for the B3 RMA board.

I'm running a UD4, and I've had zero issues with either my B2 board or my B3 board. Both have been rock solid, although I've only taken it to 4ghz. They also had really good support for the RMA.

I'm thinking about going gigabyte p67x-ud3r. Newegg just put them up a few days ago. If or when i grab another 6950 and run crossfire it has the 8x by x8 pci lanes. It only costs 155 so i save 35 bucks on the UD4.

Ah according to gigabyte website there's not a huge difference between ud3 and the ud4 except 30$

Looking at the P67X-UD3R against the P67A-UD4, not seeing a huge difference. UD3R is missing the eSATA, but it has two more SATA ports on the inside which IMO is better (you can always convert them to external), and has Firewire. Seems to be missing the blue trim on the heatsinks, and missing the coax SPDIF output, but that's it. Unless coax SPDIF matters that much, it seems like the P67X-UD3R has more features for a better price. The P67A-UD3R is missing SLI support, and doesn't have front USB 3.0 or right angle SATA, and I think is x16/x4 CF, so the X is a pretty huge upgrade. I wonder what the P67X-UD4 will bring.

Not sure about feature comparisons but I can vouch for the GD65, zero issues with my build.

ended up going with GIGABYTE GA-P67X-UD3-B3 via newegg for 155, Seems solid so far!

Back