Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Battlefield 1943

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raudulfr

2[H]4U
Hello,

I've just received an e-mail from EA with a 15 € voucher code for use on the EA Store. Considering I already have most of the games that I'd be interested in, that the rest are really expensive (50 €) and that I don't want to spend much money I narrowed it down to the cheapest ones:

Battlefield 2 Complete - total cost 5 €
Battlefield 2142 + Expansion - total cost 0 €
Battlefield 1943 - total cost 0 €

Tough choice eh? :)
Oh, also bear in mind that I'm not likely to play it much considering I quite like COD 4 and I have MW2 pre-ordered. I just can't let it go to waste now can I? :p

I assume this is for the PC? If that's the case then Battlefield 1943 hasn't been released yet. EA pushed the PC version into next year because DICE wasn't able to get the frostbite engine running well enough on PCs, the consoles had a head start because of BF:BC. BF 2142 sounds tempting just because it's free but I would still go for BF2. There is still a huge online community and the genre is more appealing/familiar (for a CoD player).

BF2 Complete would be my choice. It still has one of the largest player bases and just released another content adding patch after 5 years. There is a lot to the game, it has a learning curve compared to your typical FPS (CoD series included), but it is one of the most rewarding games I've every played.

I voted BF2, but IMO BF2142 is equally as fun. BF2 wins out because of the larger player base and mods.

I assume this is for the PC? If that's the case then Battlefield 1943 hasn't been released yet. EA pushed the PC version into next year because DICE wasn't able to get the frostbite engine running well enough on PCs, the consoles had a head start because of BF:BC

Yes, I know but being free and all, I wouldn't mind the wait :)
Also, I had a feeling BF2 would get the most votes :p

I had more fun on 1943 than all the bf games.

Frankly, I'm leaning towards that one (the PC version might even end up something decent). With BF2 being as old as it is, with the amount of unbalances/glitches/bugs that it has and, above all, its (awful) community!

I find 2142 to be more balanced than BF2, but it doesn't have support and player base nearly as big as BF2. Not too long ago i played few rounds and found only one Northern Strike server, which tells me that this game is not what it was 1-2 years ago. But in my opinion, just gameplay wise, i'd take BF2142...

2142 is most balanced BF there is. No BS shit. No over powered air craft. AA that works (well better than BF2s anyway)

I vote 2142 all the way.

Oh, also bear in mind that I'm not likely to play it much considering I quite like COD 4 and I have MW2 pre-ordered. I just can't let it go to waste now can I? :p

I must have missed this the first time I read this thread. Buy Sims 3.

I already have it :p

lol - There ya go. ;)

Tip: Don't get BF2 complete. Get BF2 and then get SF. They're both $10/each and you get the booster packs for free in the recently released 1.5 patch. BF2 complete is $30 so you would be wasting $10.

lol - There ya go. ;)

Tip: Don't get BF2 complete. Get BF2 and then get SF. They're both $10/each and you get the booster packs for free in the recently released 1.5 patch. BF2 complete is $30 so you would be wasting $10.

Not really :p

As you can see, from me using Euro in the prices, I'm not buying in the US store. Unfortunately, unlike in the US store, the EU store only has BF2 Complete and SF. It doesn't have stand-alone BF2. The price is 20 €, the voucher is for 15 €, hence the 5 € total cost ;)

Not really :p

As you can see, from me using Euro in the prices, I'm not buying in the US store. Unfortunately, unlike in the US store, the EU store only has BF2 Complete and SF. It doesn't have stand-alone BF2. The price is 20 €, the voucher is for 15 €, hence the 5 € total cost ;)

D'oh! Sorry to hear that. :(

Land Slide.
BF2 ofcourse.

(btw I have bf143 and bf2142 + $10 expansion)

Definitely BF2. Especially with the new patch. There are always servers up full of people so its got a strong player base. BF2 is definitely my choice. 2142 is close in 2nd. BF2 hands down.

Do the jets still own everyone + their mother in BF2?

Depends on who's in them. The 1.5 patch boosted the speed all AA can lock onto jets now, making it more challenging for pilots for sure. That said, having over 200 hours in a jet, I do tend to end most air maps in the top three. ;)

As a side note, the J-10 and F35b have both been tweaked to balance combat between them, making maps like Wake and Dragon much less aggravating. With a decent pilot on your own team, and even rudimentary AA organization the enemy pilots should stay too busy with evasion to get much done.

BF2142 was a cheap cash in on BF2s success and the adverts put me off it greatly.

BF heroes is pretty buggy and doesn't work correctly for me.

BF2 is easily the best of the 3 in my opinion.

BF2.
You listed BF1943? Is that out on PC? Thought 43 was a console only at the moment and 1942 was pc.

BF Heroes is a free, web-based, cartoony-styled shooter in the BF universe. It resembles TF2 but doesn't play as well. For free it's not bad, but I wouldn't pay $2 for it.

BF Heroes is a free, web-based, cartoony-styled shooter in the BF universe. It resembles TF2 but doesn't play as well. For free it's not bad, but I wouldn't pay $2 for it.

I know what BF Heroes is! I just don't know why are you talking about it :confused:

Back