Help Me Choose a Lenovo Laptop

Which do you suggest?

• Total voters

Pc_guy7

n00b
Hi! I'm finally looking to replace my 7 year old Dell laptop and narrowed it down to these two refurbished Lenovo models. The Pro X is $200 more but that's not a factor as I will be using this machine for several years.

I will mainly be using this machine for office work (web browsing, office, videos), some occasional photoshop, and rarely very light gaming. I rarely play games nowadays (maybe one or twice a year) and it's usually light indie games so nothing too powerful.

Is the first Slim laptop "good enough"?
Will I notice a big difference from the additional 16GB of RAM and dedicated video card if I'm not gaming?

Lenovo Slim 7 ($700)
  • Intel i7-1260p
  • 16GB DDR5 4800Mhz
  • Iris Xe integrated graphics
  • 1TB SSD
  • 14" IPS touchscreen (2880*1800)
  • 61wh battery

Lenovo Slim 7 Pro X ($900)
  • AMD Ryzen 6900HS
  • 32GB DDR5 6400Mhz
  • NVIDIA RTX 3050 (4GB DDR6)
  • 1TB SSD
  • 14.5" IPS touchscreen (3072*1920)
  • 70wh battery

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I have Iris Xe in my laptop and I was surprised at how well it games. Much better than the old style integrated.

The first is good enough for your current needs. That said, the 2nd one gives you more capability for the money. It has a faster CPU, more RAM, a better screen, and a GPU that allows for some gaming if you ever feel like doing it.

We recently picked up carbon X1's with 12th gen CPU's for the office and i was thoroughly impressed with their performance. I second Jinto's comments, better to have something to grow into rather than out of, especially if you will be holding on to the system for a number of years.

Back