Help me choose a gaming display. 19-22"

MiXdNuTs

Gawd
I am going to be replacing my trusty 17" Sony trinitron with an LCD soon, but I can't take much of a step down in image quallity. I want something with great color, contrast, viewing angle, and response time. Can this all be had in an LCD?
I am thinking I will get a 19" non WS because these would be faster for gaming, but I can afford one of the common $300 22" WS displays. Would the latter be bad for gaming? I play mostly fps and supreme commander.
I am open to specific suggestions and my budget is about $220 for a 19-21" standard or $300 for a 22" WS.

I want quallity above all. My trinitron has lasted me for 7 years and I would like to see that happen from this next display. The picture must be fast and beautiful.

Well I am looking for a 22" for gaming and so far I am trying to decide between the HP w2207 or the Samsung 226bw. I have seen both on display and the HP looks better as far a color, my only concern is it's gaming ability. Since it is a newer monitor there has not been to many people saying anything about ghosting. another member on here "Volume" has it and loves it and sees no ghosting on it using BF2.
The samsung has 3 different panels and the S panel seems to be the only good one so it is luck of the draw with that.
Good Luck!

I just got the LG 226WT (same panel as the 226bw except no rolling the dice A or S). I haven't seen a hint of ghosting and I play BF2 competitively if it matters.

I went from an NEC 90GX2 and the LG looks better and seems to be every bit as fast.

I just got the LG 226WT (same panel as the 226bw except no rolling the dice A or S). I haven't seen a hint of ghosting and I play BF2 competitively if it matters.

Is that the LG L226WT-SF or LG L226WTQ-SF?

I want quallity above all. My trinitron has lasted me for 7 years and I would like to see that happen from this next display. The picture must be fast and beautiful.

I was in the same boat as you but I must say going to an LCD was rather disappointing, even after calibration. The color reproduction on my new LCD was nowhere near the quality of my outdated CRT. After reading the threads in this forum, it is pretty clear that consumer LCD's have a long way to catch up to CRT's in terms of quality. Personally, I can't wait until SED & laser panels become available.

Anyway, back to your dilemma -- the panels most cited by this forum are:
1. Samsung 226bw: PROS - beautiful design, good picture quality, fast response (no ghosting), minimum bleed, banding, and dead pixels. S panels available at Newegg.com & Provantage.com
CONS - sensitive vertical viewing angle (colors saturate when looking down), no height adjustment (can be remedied with purchase of Ergotron LCD stand)

2. LG w226WT: PROS - beautiful design, good picture quality, fast response (no ghosting), minimum banding, and dead pixels, height adjustable stand
CONS - excessive backlight bleed

3. HP w2207: PROS - beautiful design, best color reproduction (because of its glossy screen), fast response, fully adjustable stand
CONS - excessive glare (maybe minimized by placement of the monitor), NO DVI cable

4. Viewsonic VX2255wmb - beautiful design, fast response, height adjusable stand, webcam, mic; 20" has 1000:1 contrast, not sure if 22" has this.
CONS - currently only available online.

Btw, I wouldn't even think of buying a 4:3 monitor as they are going the way of the dinosaurs. WIDESCREEN ROCKS!

Back