Help Me Calibrate My VX2025

TorxT3D

Gawd
I bought this yesterday and im thoroughly pleased in every way.
I'm real picky about picture quality, etc and I was wondering what you all used to calibrate your lcds.. Adobe gamma? Nvidia or ATI controls? 3rd party app?

I got this running dvi to my 9800pro, using the latest cats but not using the catalyst control panel.

Right now, my lcd settings are 6500k, brightness 50, contrast 50
adobe gamma set at 3 and it looks real good. Just wondering what everyone elses settings are and if im missing out on some hidden picture quality

Ive always had this thought that running high contrast and brightness makes the lcd run hot, so thats why i got em low. Is that true?

I'm using a 7800GT (eVGA) and I've found that the colors are VERY washed out - on my card, I turned the digital vibrance up to around 5%, and turned the Gamma down (all though drivers) and found the colors to look much more vibrant.

I agree with "gamma down"(mine is at .8) definately made a huge difference for me:)

Just tried gamma down at .8 and I have to say it's quite nice at that setting.

I use 50 Brightness, 60 Contrast. User color setting with the Blue turned down to 97. Red & Green at 100.

Just got mine the other day too so I'm still messing with it as well.

alright WTF. I get it looking nice with adobe gamma, save the color profile, but after i reboot it all resets.. WTH?

what do i have to do to keep the color profile permanant?

Back