SquallRealm

Limp Gawd
:eek: ok i want answers.

I have a MSI k8n Neo2 Motherboard.
26315122813.jpg

It has 4 Ram slots.
It supports dual channel.
I had Corsair XMS 512mb.
I recently bought Corsair value pack. 2x512 (1GB)

Ok so THREE sticks of 512 on a 4 slot mobo.

Does not work in any combonation i have tried.

Suggestions? Advice? Someone tells me its impossible.

i hear bf2 runs sagnificantly better with 1.5 or more.

SquallRealm said:
:eek: ok i want answers.

I have a MSI k8n Neo2 Motherboard.
26315122813.jpg

It has 4 Ram slots.
It supports dual channel.
I had Corsair XMS 512mb.
I recently bought Corsair value pack. 2x512 (1GB)

Ok so THREE sticks of 512 on a 4 slot mobo.

Does not work in any combonation i have tried.

Suggestions? Advice? Someone tells me its impossible.

i hear bf2 runs sagnificantly better with 1.5 or more.
The Winnies don't support three sticks. Either one stick in single channel, two sticks in dual channel, or four sticks in dual channel. Three sticks confuzzles the memory controller.

possible to turn off dual channel? if yes would you recommend this or me buying a twin of the xms.

SquallRealm said:
possible to turn off dual channel? if yes would you recommend this or me buying a twin of the xms.
Are you stuck on Corsair? There's other options that work very well with MSI boards. I'm looking to buy this for myself cuz it's got pretty tight timings for 1gig sticks, isn't gonna kill me price wise. I'm gonna OC the snot out of my Venice, but use a divider, so I won't worry about OCing the memory. There's always (cf)Eclipse's recommendations of Crucial which is supposed to OC nicely without killing your wallet. I just figure at this point, you're gonna spend a chunk anyway... Might as well do it right. :-D

the 512 xms cost me 100$ last year, i reeeeaaaaallly dont plan on not using it again. i am all ears if ram can run dual channel with the xms.

SquallRealm said:
the 512 xms cost me 100$ last year, i reeeeaaaaallly dont plan on not using it again. i am all ears if ram can run dual channel with the xms.
Probably best to get the same exact model, then. Of course if you did go with something else, you could always eBay what you have already.

Back