Help me ASAP: trolled for nearly $2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakangus

n00b
Well here is my story.
I live on a small farm in Pennsylvania and treasure my computers and computer games. I had purchased a fairly loaded HP ZD7000 notebook, but soon wanted more power. Turns out the modem on the laptop went bad and I was sent a brand new, even faster notebook. This was left in the box , never opened. As a hardforum poster, I decided to give the forsale/trade area a try. Before long a user, customerid666 sent me a pm saying he would trade his A64 FX53 system (x800 pro, 1 gig corsair - the works) for my new laptop. We arranged to crosship on a day nearly a month ago, via US Postal Service Priority Mail (insured for $2000). The tracking number he gave me was invalid. He claimed the postal service lost his computer. So he said he would send paypal payment for $1850. He never did. Then he said he got the computer back and was sending out. He still claims it was sent, however it has been two weeks since that claim. Phone contact was made many times beforehand, and he has nothing but good heatware. However lately I have not been able to make phone contact, but have made email contact. He says he is sending a check for $2000 and he sent it wedensday. I think he is just buying time. I have called his local sherrif's and police departments. They say i have to start with my local police. Just looking for feedback/giving a warning to the rest of you.
Thanks - blakangus
p.s. his heatware is under customerid666

this had better come in. i want that pc. btw, if it DOESNT come it, I TOLD U I WANTED TO BUY IT. but nope. o well. im i little ticked that i didnt get my lappy or the desktop. that really POs me. again, o well. customerid666, i blame you for all of this. you not only ripped off my best friend, but indirectly ripped me off too. thanx a bunch.

peace

P.S.: bump for a best friend. hope everything works out well. darn these ppl. !#$*%^##!

im confused who are u, and how does this affect u? Anyway, Everything is cool, anyhow, Im sending him the cash tomorrow, per his request, I just didnt have time and didnt want him to deposit it til i knew the funds where back in the bank, to cover it, Then he will hold that til the system, gets sorted out, or whatever he wants to do, BUt its covered,

TSS Modder said:
this had better come in. i want that pc. btw, if it DOESNT come it, I TOLD U I WANTED TO BUY IT. but nope. o well. im i little ticked that i didnt get my lappy or the desktop. that really POs me. again, o well. customerid666, i blame you for all of this. you not only ripped off my best friend, but indirectly ripped me off too. thanx a bunch.

peace

P.S.: bump for a best friend. hope everything works out well. darn these ppl. !#$*%^##!

blakangus and i are best friends. i was gonna buy his lappy, but then he sells it to you, who i will assume has trolled him until i see the funds myself.

sorry about that. I'm just very worried about this whole ordeal. CustomerID666 says he re-sent the money so hopefully i'll have it soon. again, sorry I jumped to conclusions...

Not give out addresses just cause you're pissed off at someone, maybe?

May I suggest an edit?

"(11) Do not post PERSONAL INFORMATION (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, images) or any other information considered private without the express permission of the individual. You must respect the privacy of other members. [H]ard|Forum has addressed privacy concerns by allowing users to set-up their accounts so that e-mail addresses may not be displayed to other users, but rather moderators and administrators only."

Hard Forum Rules.

hey wifi my pm box is empty now, please respond, asap, cause I dont need anymore junk posted, pm me or email me at [email protected].

"(11) Do not post PERSONAL INFORMATION (i.e. addresses, phone numbers, passwords, personal identification numbers, images) or any other information considered private without the express permission of the individual. You must respect the privacy of other members. [H]ard|Forum has addressed privacy concerns by allowing users to set-up their accounts so that e-mail addresses may not be displayed to other users, but rather moderators and administrators only."

Its hasnt even been a week, since the money order went out, I cant help slow usps.
Im going to pm u a resolution, but please edit your thread,

thanks

If he does not come through, make a friendly call to his local police dept, keep all his e-mails, and keep a bookmark on this thread to show off. You can also call your local post office, as this is a form of mail fraud. They will surely investigate this.

customerid666, if you are a troll, even if you come through good, you might find yourself on a public list of bad traders, in which your personal information could be displayed to everybody.

Well if it came down to it, it i would just return the item, with the shipping cost back to him, so either way hes not going away empty handed.or trolled so to speak as u call it,

but its like this, Im waiting for an item tocome usps priority mail, that was sent out on the 9th, and its still not here, so somethings not going right with the post office these days,

Xeon22 said:
If he does not come through, make a friendly call to his local police dept, keep all his e-mails, and keep a bookmark on this thread to show off. You can also call your local post office, as this is a form of mail fraud. They will surely investigate this.

customerid666 said:
Well if it came down to it, it i would just return the item, with the shipping cost back to him, so either way hes not going away empty handed.or trolled so to speak as u call it,

but its like this, Im waiting for an item tocome usps priority mail, that was sent out on the 9th, and its still not here, so somethings not going right with the post office these days,

Yes, and its quite strange that I have not recived the money that was supposedly sent too.

edit: Even stranger that the tracking number for the $$ he supposedly sent USPS is a UPS tracking number to him. If he is a troll, he's messed with the wrong person....

I would suggest you become more organized before you start buying or selling things here again, two "messups" in a row are very suspect.

try 3, but im working on it,

I just sent proof to blakangusin and email today , so he is just waiting for the money to arrive tuesday, so he is out off the way,

now just trying to sift through the tracking slips,

ive been doin some research on customerid666. hes definately a troll. if your dealin w/ him, try to back out ASAP. ive talked to a few ppl whove dealt w/ customerid666 whove been trolled by him. not too pretty. o, and by coincidense, the ppl who were trolled had the same stories. sent via USPS, package 'lost' (so says customerid666), and then ur trolled.

well hes sposed to buy something from me, what if i had him like pay with a cehck or money order or something?

If you do, make sure it's in money order not paypal or check. People on anandtech have had checks bounce and paypal funds frozen.

that would be the same guy. accordin to reports and research. main target, id highly reccomend money order. otherwise i wouldnt deal w/ this guy. always make sure checks, etc clear before ever sendin a product. i dont care if someones established or not, i nvr do anything other than money order or check. i believe theres something called a certified check, which i think is similar to a money order.

EDIT: i believe customerid666 is now under 'tom' as his hard forum name.

TSS Modder said:
that would be the same guy. accordin to reports and research. main target, id highly reccomend money order. otherwise i wouldnt deal w/ this guy. always make sure checks, etc clear before ever sendin a product. i dont care if someones established or not, i nvr do anything other than money order or check. i believe theres something called a certified check, which i think is similar to a money order.

EDIT: i believe customerid666 is now under 'tom' as his hard forum name.

I re-signed up so i could get contact info, for the people i have deals with right now, and so they would know how to contact me nothing more nothing less, thanks for your concern TSS Modder, but I not posting under this name anymore, because it will prolly get banned,

thanks, and to everyone who i have deals with right now, U know how to contact me now, email,

hey tom, if youd be so kind as to PM me your address. i know youre in TX, but id like to know where.

EDIT: o hey. look at that. he was banned. any chance he could send me this info now?
SECOND EDIT: hey Main Target, any chance you could send me any info on customerid666/tom if you have anything? you can email me at [email protected]

you can find his address in other forums. i'm not sure if he still lives in kaufman.

maxxo, do u have any info? im collectin as much as i can. i have 2 ppl, 2 addresses, 1 zip code, and 1 email address. actually, i might have 3 diff names. any info about Mountaindew / customerid666 / tom would be most helpful. this little POS is definately a troll.

I have also somewhat been trolled by Customerid666.
He wanted to sell a Radeon 9800XT to me for $230 I offered $215...he accepted

FYI: I have all emails & His email & His address in kaufman....I may take a surprise visit to him I live in Houston. (Mabie we can work something out where i go over their for everyone :D )

I paid immediately via paypal. Many lies then occured
1) Said he sent it....Nothing came
2) Said it got lost in the mail and he recovered it
3) Said he sent it again...Nothing Came
4) Said it got lost in the mail again and he will be going through Houston and stop by my house
5) Gave him my address....never responded within the time he said he would stop by....
6) Various Emails exchanged....somehow I managed to pump $100 back....then more emails...I would say 10 emails exchanged to just get the 100$ Back...finally after another 10 emails...Managed to get another 50$...now I just need the rest of $65. Ill update you all if anything occurs...

But guys....with a troll thread on anandtech...and over 3 people being trolled in this thread....we have a lot of power......
1) I live in Texas, so I can stop by, and probably have more power and support from local law enforment
2) 1000$+ Rip off is considered a felony I believe and other states that are not in the state you are in can go after him.

Like I said, Ill keep you updated if i get anything back or something....and if your reading this Customerid666....just give me my money back and be done with it.

Alright, Customerid666 updated me saying that he sent a money order to pay for the remaining 65$, he sent me a picture of the delivery confirmation receipt, and a picture of the money order receipt. So it looks like things could work out. He also said he may stop by houston and deliver the card in person and the deal may still be able to work out.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
I have also somewhat been trolled by Customerid666.
He wanted to sell a Radeon 9800XT to me for $230 I offered $215...he accepted

FYI: I have all emails & His email & His address in kaufman....I may take a surprise visit to him I live in Houston. (Mabie we can work something out where i go over their for everyone :D )

I paid immediately via paypal. Many lies then occured
1) Said he sent it....Nothing came
2) Said it got lost in the mail and he recovered it
3) Said he sent it again...Nothing Came
4) Said it got lost in the mail again and he will be going through Houston and stop by my house
5) Gave him my address....never responded within the time he said he would stop by....
6) Various Emails exchanged....somehow I managed to pump $100 back....then more emails...I would say 10 emails exchanged to just get the 100$ Back...finally after another 10 emails...Managed to get another 50$...now I just need the rest of $65. Ill update you all if anything occurs...

But guys....with a troll thread on anandtech...and over 3 people being trolled in this thread....we have a lot of power......
1) I live in Texas, so I can stop by, and probably have more power and support from local law enforment
2) 1000$+ Rip off is considered a felony I believe and other states that are not in the state you are in can go after him.

Like I said, Ill keep you updated if i get anything back or something....and if your reading this Customerid666....just give me my money back and be done with it.

could u send me some key info please? email is andyman1100 AT suscom DOT net. thanx

Has anyone been to www.trollhunters.net report this guy? He seems to have a pattern of selling non-existant items to pay for whatever he's already got. Would hate to see his credit score.

update for everyone: I received my 70$ money order, and everything between me and Jeremy seems to be fine. Ill update you all if anything else occurs. Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back