Help makeing spreadsheet in excel

WoWchamp

n00b
How would I go about makeing a spreadsheet for this???

I need to make an excel spreadsheet to this extent

I have a list of 14 (15 really but you'll see why im doing this with 14 first) people.

Each person is going to be playing in an in house pool league sponsored by the amusement business I work for (my uncle owns it).

Each person will play 2 matches every week. Each match will be 1 on 1. In a 9 week period everyone has to play everyone, and their cant be extreme repeated matchups like player 1 and 4 having played each other 4 times more then the next most common matchup.

The 15th (and odd player... it would be easy if it were an even number of players playing an even number of matches) player makes it hard. Now 2 other people from the 1st 14 have to play this guy makeing 2 of the 15 play 3 matches per week instead of 2. Which is okay as long as everyone plays him atleast once, and no extreme repeated matchups here as well.

Randomness is a good thing, and would be very nice if people dont end up playing the same people too often.

Names arnt important, once I get the general idea I can assign names to the numbers from 1-15.

Just rotate. If you use relative formulae, you can copy and paste and Excel will carry the rotation to the next week.

Care to elbaorate, could someone whip this up real quick just using numbers from 1-15 and then I could place names in.

Or could someone just expalin it alittle more in depth, its been awhile since I've done alot with excel... last time I used it was a year and a half ago in HS for calculus.

why do you need to use this with excel

http://www.student.uwa.edu.au/~wedgey/downloads/tourney.zip

^pretty good proggie

Tournament scheduler - 12kB
A double elimination tournament scheduler (which you could use to run your own Slime tourneys :). I couldn't find anything free on the net of this description, so I wrote my own. Note it is rather user-un-friendly, but hey, it only took a few hours to write.
Requires: Java Virtual Machine, from java.sun.com

Back