Help make up my mind (Fast!) - Kingston V+100 96gb vs Crucial C4 64GB

investinwaffles

Limp Gawd
Please help me make up my mind! I am trying to decide between a Kingston V+100 96gb SSD and a Crucial M4 64gb.
The kingston will work out to be $85 AR, and the Crucial C4 will work out to $100 AR

I have dual 750gb HDD's now so daily backups wont be a problem, but I think 64gb is so small for a primary drive. Pretty much everything will need to be installed on the mechanical drives Im feeling.
Also, while its read speeds and latency are really high, its write speeds are extremely low, though I feel like this could be overcome by the fact that it is still faster than my spinpoint F4's.

Should I definately get the Crucial? I am looking to use my 10% off coupon at newegg with the extra cash I made this week, so ideally I would like to buy something with a huge MIR (So I get a big discount on the before rebate price, and get a huge rebate later) :)

The Kingston is $150 w/ a $50 MIR. Works out to be $150 - 15 - 50 (rebate) = $85
The Crucial M4 is $115 - 11.5 = 103.5

What would you do in my shoes? 30gb is a significant amount of SSD space but the kingston is not the "best" drive, though it has a 3 year warranty like the rest.

Help! I kind of need to buy them tonight... :confused:

Go with the larger size. The difference in performance between the Kingston and the Corsair is tiny compared to the difference between the SSD and a spinning disk - so get the biggest SSD you can afford so you can put more stuff on it and get the benefits.

Back