Help!!! Lost key and can't get in case!

i picked barrel locks easy as pie, tried it on my chieftec case and had it open in 5 minutes

Pixeleet said:
...and the plot thickens:eek:
Screw the key, go Wendys :D
The Wendy's straw trick didn't work. They look smaller now than they used to. I'm still waiting on the key from EPS Sniper. Going to check my P.O. Box again today.

I received the envelope from EPS Sniper :(

I added a picture of it to the first post. I must have the worst luck ever! Their CPU temperature alarm is going off every 1/2 hour now.

if you still need a key i have both of mine and will part with one if you need it, if you can pay shipping. probably a few bucks so i can send it in a box first class with some delivery confirmation so it will actually arrive intact lol.
PM me if you want it.

Mach5

i can mail you a pretty big straw if you'd like... just pay for the shipping

wow, a computer door lock who the hell cares about it, just pull hard on the door and ittll come open..

I was trying to get into my Thermaltake Xaser III case hwen I was locked up...
holy crap i had a hardtime trying to bust it off without destroying the case...
thankfully this case is too ugly to want to buy another one, so it doesnt matter.
But yah, I somehow broke off the key inside the lock and couldnt open the case after I had dislodged the key. I know have a big door that opens and closes freely.

lol dude, I'm sorry, but i cant help but laugh at your misfortune, lol, first, you loose the key, then some one from the post office steals it, ahahahhaha

good luck man, if your growing low on options, pm me and i can send a key your way

god speed

I had a much stronger lock on my truck's toolbox and you guessed it- lost the key.

Well, I got a Grade 8 3/4" bolt, used my bench grinder to make a 'screwdriver like apparatus', and then with a sledghammer I pounded the bolt into the lock until it stuck. Home free- got my breaker bar (big wrench) and with little effort the lock twisted off like a 20oz. Dr.Pepper cap.

Brute force is amazingly effective sometimes.

mc donalds straws are huge

i vote for the m-80....at the very least it would be entertaining and it SHOULD get the job done......or if u want an even FUNNIER route a 12 gauge would DEFINITLY open the door..... :p

xSyzygy666x said:
i vote for the m-80....at the very least it would be entertaining and it SHOULD get the job done......or if u want an even FUNNIER route a 12 gauge would DEFINITLY open the door..... :p
hahaha... i vote for the m80 too... how big are those anyways?... here in NY fireworks are illegal but i managed to find a m60 in the park... tiny though

SquiDDy said:
lol dude, I'm sorry, but i cant help but laugh at your misfortune, lol, first, you loose the key, then some one from the post office steals it, ahahahhaha

good luck man, if your growing low on options, pm me and i can send a key your way

god speed
lol, i didnt realize the post office stole it... i looked thru the thread and saw the picture but i couldnt find the key so i figured i was going blind but i didnt realize it got stolen

hehehe, sorry to hear that though... altho thats a pretty funny incident

wayne said:
hahaha... i vote for the m80 too... how big are those anyways?... here in NY fireworks are illegal but i managed to find a m60 in the park... tiny though

i cant remember is it the smaller the number the more powerful? or the larger??? hmmmm anyway when my dad was little he had one that was a 1/4 stick of dynamite.......he said it left a hole in the ground in the shape and size of a punch bowl.....im thinking it was an m-40 but i cant remember which is the 1/4 stick ....

Just so you guy know, the post office didn't steal anything.

They run all envelopes through high speed sorting machines that reads the bar code and sorts the mail by destination. If you put something in the envelope it jams in the machine and won't sort right so they slit the envelope and remove whatever caused the problem.

If you need to send something thicker than a 1/4 inch, put it in a box.

m80 is a big firecracker,..... m-1000 is a 1/4 or 1/2 ( I forget) stick of dynamite

KABOOOOOM! M-1000 mod :D

we sould make a sub-forum on trashing old computers, I have an old one I could blow up and make a quick-time movie :rolleyes:

this will work
get a short philps screw driver
take out your 5 1/4's and work your arm into the case and unscrew the screw that is on the back of the lock and make the plastic arm fall off this will allow you to open the case

DR_K13 said:
m80 is a big firecracker,..... m-1000 is a 1/4 or 1/2 ( I forget) stick of dynamite

we sould make a sub-forum on trashing old computers, I have an old one I could blow up and make a quick-time movie :rolleyes:
so you're saying the bigger the number, the more powerful it is?.... or smaller= big explosion

Party2go9820 said:
If you put something in the envelope it jams in the machine and won't sort right so they slit the envelope and remove whatever caused the problem.
/QUOTE]

Judging by the picture, I'd guess it got stuck in the sorting machine and almost lit on fire. I bet it just fell out on its own and then took off on its merry way. I believe that actually removing things from envelopes is a federal offence.

DR_K13 said:

m-80 is a 1/4 stick
i have somthing even louder then m-80's here but they dont have the power

i did the same with my thermaltake,lost the keys :( so i did just bend up the front then i took away the lock and went a bought a new then i bended the metal back and it was all fine :)

no no no!
m1000 = 1/4 stick
bigger number = more powerful

and an m80 is probably enough for this job. that, or go all Office Space on it with a bat.

fat-tony said:
Party2go9820 said:
If you put something in the envelope it jams in the machine and won't sort right so they slit the envelope and remove whatever caused the problem.
/QUOTE]

Judging by the picture, I'd guess it got stuck in the sorting machine and almost lit on fire. I bet it just fell out on its own and then took off on its merry way. I believe that actually removing things from envelopes is a federal offence.
yea, i learned that in global that it is illegal

Back