Help issues with JToolz

comradeboris

Limp Gawd
I have been trolled by user JToolz. I went into a deal with him to purchase a vapochill PE back at the end of Febuary for $350 plus me shipping him a Lian-Li PC85 case. The vapochill finally arrived after me blindly shipping him my case plus the money up front (my mistake) and having to wait a long time while he claimed that he was in the hospital or some other reason that he could not communicate with me. I recieved the vapo and it was a standard edition and not the PE, and it was missing many crucial parts like the chill control, etc. Again, after many prolonged attempts to email, we worked out the deal that he would pay me $400 + the cost of shipping and he would keep my case. This occured in March. Finally by March 26, I recieved an money order for 350 with the assurance that I would be recieving the additional $50 and the cost of me shipping my case later on (comes out to $100 owed). Well here we are in June and he takes forever to respond to an email, while stating that he has the money just that he will have it mailed within a few days. He said this again on 5/26 and my money has still not shown up. I have been moooore than patient with him through all of the problems that he has had and I have tried to wait for him to send me the money. But I cannot stand here and be taken advantage of when he claims he has the money, yet I never recieved it. Has anyone delt with him that has his phone #, etc. What are my options? I do not mean to totally screw him over, but I rightly feel that I am owed money and I have more than fulfilled my part of the deal a long time ago.

If anyone has any thoughts / experiences / whatever please email me at [email protected].
-Nathan

I have had a little contact with him but never made a deal with him. I only had an email addy for a while, I deleted it after I was through waiting for him to reply.

Good luck to you in getting the deal settled.

Well first of all there is no way in the world I ever tryed to rip this guy off, period. I sent this guy 350 bucks and then was just waiting to get the total for shipping to send the rest. I am trying to figure out what troll would send 350 dollars to someone. The unit was an PE when I had purchased it but for some reason it had an SE compressor in it. I have no clue what happened there but it doesnt matter anyway because he wasnt happy and I agreed to take it back and give him his money back. So he ships it out and for some reason it costs 100 dollars to ship which I really find hard to believe because I just had a buddy buy one and it only cost him 25.00 in shipping by UPS. So I am kind of uneasy on the price but I was like, oh well Ill pay the guy. So in walks my new job and I just havent had ANY time to get around because I have been on the road. I started a new job at BNSF Railroad and I dont know if anyone works on the railroad or knows about it, but you pretty much have no time for a life, lol. And I'm also training so I have even less time. Shoot this is the first time ive been to my PC in so long I have 112 email messages, lol. You wont find anyone else anywhere that i have trolled or treated in any way but in a totally honest and fair way. If anyone see's this they will vouch for me because I have dealt with people on this forum. It just sucks that this slanderous thread should come up like this when I have given this guy so much cash already and he still takes it to another level. I apologize for my lack of response and my lateness to take care of this but I will finish this up ASAP.

JToolz said:
Well first of all there is no way in the world I ever tryed to rip this guy off, period. I sent this guy 350 bucks and then was just waiting to get the total for shipping to send the rest. I am trying to figure out what troll would send 350 dollars to someone. The unit was an PE when I had purchased it but for some reason it had an SE compressor in it. I have no clue what happened there but it doesnt matter anyway because he wasnt happy and I agreed to take it back and give him his money back. So he ships it out and for some reason it costs 100 dollars to ship which I really find hard to believe because I just had a buddy buy one and it only cost him 25.00 in shipping by UPS. So I am kind of uneasy on the price but I was like, oh well Ill pay the guy. So in walks my new job and I just havent had ANY time to get around because I have been on the road. I started a new job at BNSF Railroad and I dont know if anyone works on the railroad or knows about it, but you pretty much have no time for a life, lol. And I'm also training so I have even less time. Shoot this is the first time ive been to my PC in so long I have 112 email messages, lol. You wont find anyone else anywhere that i have trolled or treated in any way but in a totally honest and fair way. If anyone see's this they will vouch for me because I have dealt with people on this forum. It just sucks that this slanderous thread should come up like this when I have given this guy so much cash already and he still takes it to another level. I apologize for my lack of response and my lateness to take care of this but I will finish this up ASAP.

Chances are he took it to a place like "Mail Boxes Etc." where they honestly charge double or triple actual costs.

NleahciM said:
Chances are he took it to a place like "Mail Boxes Etc." where they honestly charge double or triple actual costs.

not only that, but vapochill company probably has a shipping arrangement with UPS that cuts their cost down so they can ship cheaper then you packing yourself and going down to UPS. It's also possible that the guy was only charged $25 in shipping for a new unit because the vapochill company rolls some of their shipping cost into the gross profits of the vapochill units, in order to make customers "feel good they weren't ripped off on s & h ". You're still paying for shipping that might be more like $40-50, but you only see the $25..... :eek:

Well yet another week has gone by and I have not heard back from him. I got an email from him on Wednesday, June 9 after I started this thread promising the money will be sent either the next day or by the end of the week, yet I have not heard from him since.

in my humble opinion, I would say the guy isnt QUITE a TROLL, why the fuck would he send $350 and not $50 + mabie $20-30 for shipping costs....why not take it all? i would be considerably happy I got the majority, although im not saying hes not a troll, your a troll or the moneys not worth it, im saying a troll would typically take it all.

but then he never responded again..just send the rest of the darn money, mr railroad tycoon

woah are you calling me a troll???? yea he is....he hasnt completed the trade and nothing is happening......a deal is a deal..........heh i can post all the emails sent back and forth here if need be and i can sure prove how ive been given the run around this whole time. i gave him a ton of time as i did not want it to come to this but i believe that i have come through with my part of the deal very promptly and i feel that i have been taken advantage of.

Edited the title.

NOT 100% Troll.

Like the members said, he did send you $350 back.

I will change back the title in a couple of weeks if this issue is not resolve.

Well needless to say here is the email that I recieved on June 24.
Hey man so here we go. My last road trip is in about
an hour. I have had 4 weeks of road training and I
basically work every 8 hours. Its long hard days but I
have to stick through it for the training. Next week I
will be back to regualr schedule and I will get your
100 bucks out to you. I dont want to promise you today
or tomorrow because Im just simply not going to make
it. Your cash will get to you by the end of next week
and that includes shipping time. Thanks

Here it is the 13th of July and I have not even heard one word from him to even state that he was having trouble getting the money out and what not. He got on AIM last night finally(so he is ovbiously home) but he never responded to my IMs. Any thoughts on what to do here??????

Yea I saw your ims really late last night when I actually got home. You know what happens when you have your password saved and AIM automatically signs on when someone turns on your pc. Its pretty easy to figure out, doesnt take a rocket scientist. To make a long story short I will admit the last bit of this money has taken longer to get out. But on my side you guys have to realize that this isnt just a one sided gripe. This guy went ahead and has slandered my name across the boards now. I mean this guy recieved 350 bucks cash from me, which in NO way is even close to trolling someone. I still am yet top figure out why this had to go across the boards. I lost access to Xtremes classifieds because of this whole ordeal. To think this all started with me sellin this guy a vapochill, which I bought from Asetek as a PE and he researched the compressor and said it was an SE. Well I dont know about all that but I do know that I bought a PE because thats what the receipt said. I ship this thing across the country to this guy to find out he doesnt want it. I really dont think he wanted it in the first place. So anyway guys heres how we accumulated the extra charges. It really is a shame too because I still have the unit right now and it is really is a sweet unit. Well anyway, Im tired of being the one getting beat up across the forums about this because Im not a troll nor will I ever be one. Ive done lots of deals online with many people and everyone has been happy with me and I have been with them.

Well here we go again, he throws out excuses and just doesnt answer why he has not sent the money. During this long ordeal that began in January, he has taken forever to respond to any sort of communication starting with the inital trade all the way to what is happening now. If anyone is intrested, I can provide emails to prove my point. As for the slander accusation, well it took that just to even evoke a response from him. I was sending numerous emails and waited nearly a month to try and hear from him, and only after i said that I would post what is happening on the [h] and xtremesystems did any sort of action come from him. Yes, I did want the vapo badly to make a great machine but I do not want to pay for the more expensive PE when I recieved an original SE. Not to mention, when I did get the vapo shipped to me it was missing all the parts needed to get it working (ie the chill control and what not). If he bought it as a PE, then he was sorely ripped off because the vapo did not even come in the right case for it to be a PE (something that he should have noticed right away). Also here is the cost breakdown for why he still owes me money (since that is something that he claims I am exaggerating):

The return deal was worked out for me to ship the vapo back to him and he was to keep the lian li case that I shipped to him as part of a partial trade. We decided (yes Jtoolz I have emails where you agree to all of this and acknowledge that shipping it would be expensive, something that you said i was trying to unfairly inflate earlier) for him to repay the 390 + him to keep the lian li, and then he would also cover the cost of the shipping the vapo back to him since it was his error. The shipping was $50 because it was a huge bulky unit that was sent in two boxes (i sent it exactly as he shipped it to me).

This whole ordeal comes down to misunderstandings that have happened. He as the seller made an error in sending the wrong unit (i wanted the PE for its better cooling power and redesigned case to fit my needs) and so he agreed to correct that wrong. In fact, he was coming out even because despite him paying for the shipping, he was getting to keep a great lian li pc82 case. I have been incredibly accomidating in waiting and waiting for payments and trying to work around his work schedule (or lack of work) for a while, but I am a strong believer in that when you go into a deal you must take care of it all the way through the transaction. I have seen people on these forums launch troll trreads when items like $50 motherboards go missing so I felt that it was my right to put this out here to try and the wheels moving. Again, if anyone wants proof of the constant "hey the money will be shipped to you next week I promise" statements that I have been getting, then I will send them without hesitation. Jtoolz you can take care of this and then the mods at xtremesystems will surely let you resume trading again as after all, the mod here said this was simply an issue that needed to be worked out.

Again, sorry for posting this but i felt that this was the only way to make things happen, as i would like to get my money and we are here 7 months later with this not resolved.

Well Your 100 will go out tomorrow. On receipt will you pm retractions to the Xtreme mods?

Sounds great to me......I hated for it to come to this and i really feel bad that I posted on here. I will make sure that they get you back on the forums in no time.

i would like to see those emails...... i dont know about anyone else.... :D

its like Days of Our Lives!!! :D

I just want to say that i have delt with JToolz before and he is a great guy. very helpful to me when i was getting started and learning how to OC. Hope this got worked out...

comradeboris said:
Sounds great to me......I hated for it to come to this and i really feel bad that I posted on here. I will make sure that they get you back on the forums in no time.

Some people are so quick to yell troll. Next time I would think twice about ruining someones name over a busy schedule or just miscommunication. Jtoolz is a great guy and good trader. He is good on his word and I don't know what has happend here but looks like a simple miscommunication.

Also topcat989 I am the buddy who just bought a vapo XE off of the Xtremesystems forums from Oppainter and it did only cost 25 bux to ship. Sounded cheap to me for sure.

Thanks guys! I will just send the guy the rest of the cash. I agreed to pay it and I will pay it. The deal didnt seem too good to me but thats life. I will send the cash tomorrow comrade.

Good deal man. On a side note, it is sad when situations get to this point. It is precisely why I am so careful in my dealings. One ticked off guy can really put a huge dent in your trading reputation... Good luck Jtools. I wouldn't have a problem dealing with you anytime.. :D :D :D

Wait a sec...Are you refunding his cost to ship the item back to you because he didn't like it, or it wasn't what he thought it was?

If that happens at Newegg, they don't refund any costs it takes to ship items back to them to fix a mistake, they refund the purchase price and that's it. Just thought you should know.

OCTech said:
Wait a sec...Are you refunding his cost to ship the item back to you because he didn't like it, or it wasn't what he thought it was?

If that happens at Newegg, they don't refund any costs it takes to ship items back to them to fix a mistake, they refund the purchase price and that's it. Just thought you should know.

Good point...

Hes refunding the cost to ship the item because he told me it was a totally different item than what I recieved. Also, we agreed after the trade took place on the conditions of how I would be repaid, and one of those conditions was the cost of him absorbing the cost of shipping the vapo back to him since it was going to be expensive.

comradeboris said:
Hes refunding the cost to ship the item because he told me it was a totally different item than what I recieved. Also, we agreed after the trade took place on the conditions of how I would be repaid, and one of those conditions was the cost of him absorbing the cost of shipping the vapo back to him since it was going to be expensive.

So all you are out is the shipping? And that is worth slandering his name how??

Either way this is a dead subject hopefully you get your money and somehow Jtoolz can rebuild his tradeing rep. Next time you should go to a mod and ask them what to do.

smokeysworld said:
So all you are out is the shipping? And that is worth slandering his name how??

Either way this is a dead subject hopefully you get your money and somehow Jtoolz can rebuild his tradeing rep. Next time you should go to a mod and ask them what to do.

Not to mention he shipped it the most expensive way possible. I think this guy should get slapped with a bad trader name as well.

What the hell....he owed me $40 plus the cost of the shipping and I did go to the mods over at xtremesystems for their advice. This is bullshit that it is 7 months later and I am still waiting to get my money and all I hear is "oooo comradeboris is in the wrong for whining to get his money". And I shipped it the most expensive way possible??? How else was I to ship it cheaper. Please, enligten me. Last time I checked UPS ground was the cheapest way for me to ship it. I took it to a ups store to drop it off and they did not pack a single box. Newegg and merchants like that catch a break on shipping costs and they absorb part of them as well. Look around on the forums, people selling computers often dont include the shipping price as it is a large amount that is determined by the distance shipped and the heavy weight of the item.

As mentioned earlier I bought a Vapo XE from Oppainter on the Xtreme and he only charged me 25 bux for shipping. And that was with UPS ground so something isn't right especially since you went to a ups direct store.....

Not to mention he shipped a whole crap load of extras with it that made it weigh moret hen just the case.

If you paid 100 bucks to ship a Vapochill, you got pwned. I can ship my entire PC, which is in a Yeong Yang cube, with the keyboard and mouse, for 38 dollars.

I bought a 9800 Pro 256MB Pro from Newegg and they shipped me a 128MB Pro card by mistake. I shipped it back and ate 15 bucks from FedEX to two-day it. Newegg isn't paying it back.

Yeah I am thinking maybe it isn't a good idea to send him anymore money...... You already paid once to ship it to him and now it isn't right for you to pay for it to be shipped back. You refunded his money.

He has already ruined your name and OCTech does point out some good points about shipping. if newegg ships you the wrong thing you pay to ship it back, not them.

This is just a raw deal for both of you for the simple fact that comradeboris cried troll when he shouldn't have, ruining Jtoolz' name. And comradeboris is getting beat up for charging so much for shipping. I don't think there should be any shipping charge at all IMO.

But opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and everyone thinks everyone elses stinks.

JToolz said:
Well Your 100 will go out tomorrow. On receipt will you pm retractions to the Xtreme mods?

comradeboris said:

I frequent these forums also ;) Let's just get it resolved and move on....

Nomjr

How many times do I ahev to say this....we agreed for him to refund me $390 that I paid him for the vapo + the cost of shipping the unit back to him. He paid me 350 so that makes $40 owed for the rest of the 390 and then the cost of shipping, which was 60bux. Therefore he still owes me some of the orignal amount. He agreed to cover the cost of shipping the unit back to him since it was his error. I dont care what opppainter did as he might have absorbed part of the cost of shipping or mabye he had access to some sort of discounted buisness account. I am not trying to swindle 100 from jtoolz for shipping so stop saying that smokeysworld,as you have been crying foul this entire time.

comradeboris said:
How many times do I ahev to say this....we agreed for him to refund me $390 that I paid him for the vapo + the cost of shipping the unit back to him. He paid me 350 so that makes $40 owed for the rest of the 390 and then the cost of shipping, which was 60bux. Therefore he still owes me some of the orignal amount. He agreed to cover the cost of shipping the unit back to him since it was his error. I dont care what opppainter did as he might have absorbed part of the cost of shipping or mabye he had access to some sort of discounted buisness account. I am not trying to swindle 100 from jtoolz for shipping so stop saying that smokeysworld,as you have been crying foul this entire time.

Actually you are the one crying foul the entire time, oh wait that was you crying troll. I am trying to understand your basis for crying about this. But I don't know how it cost 60 bux for shipping. Also don't think he needs to pay for the shipping back. You paid for shipping in your price and he is refunding it all back to you so in the end I think he shouldn't have to pay for shipping.

I do agree with Nomjr, time to move on.

Back