HELP!! iP35 Pro PCI slots not working!!

prasvt

Gawd
Okay so I replaced my OCZ 600w psu with a modular Zalman 850w yesterday. I didn't disassemble anything aside from removing the old psu and putting in the new one. My watercooling pump sits on the floor right next to my x-fi and sometimes the x-fi comes loose from the pci slot. So once I noticed that, I shut down the machine and pushed it back in. Ever since then, neither of my pci cards (the x-fi and a wifi card) have been detected by Vista. I did a fresh install (ultimate x64) and the new hardware wizard doesn't start + neither cards show up in the device manager.

But both cards have power as the lights are on on the wifi card and on the x-fi. Is there a random BIOS option I may have switched?

Or did I fry my pci slots? The device manager shows the PCI bus and all...so kind of lost here. Or should I double check my power connections? I've got the 20+4pin connected to the mobo + the 8pin mobo 12volt..but that was all pretty straight forward.

I really hope I didn't kill my board ..if anyone has any ideas do let me know!! Thanks and happy thanksgiving!

I did. I removed both cards, and switched the position of the wifi card. The system didn't detect it. Even after reinstalling Vista, no response. It's completely bizarre. I did notice the 20+4 pin wasn't plugged in correctly though. The 4 pin has a latch to keep it attached to the 20 pin connector and so the 4 pin wasn't all the way in. But once I fixed that, and rebooted that didn't seem to make a difference. Plus even when the 4 pin wasn't connected, the lights were on for both cards.

I'm really at a loss here. Unfortunately, the way my watercooling setup is, there's only one pci slot I can put my x-fi without it getting in the way of my pump, which is on the floor of the case.

*sigh*...I'll try one more time tomorrow and also check the two cards are ok by trying them on my other machine.

Otherwise, may have to get a new board?

Okay well no luck yet...so I said f* it and ordered a Coolermaster Cosmos S case and an ASUS Maximus II Formula board (expensive I know). I was planning on upgrading the case in a month or two..but this motherboard failure has pushed my hand. At least now I can put the 3 x 120mm radiator in the case!

Anyway I'm still not sure what happened but considering I was replacing the power supply, something on the board may have gotten screwed up.

Back