Help installing WinXP Pro 64bit

Chaballaman

[H]ard|Gawd
I can't install it on Abit AV8 cos i don't have 64bit SATA floppy driver for it. Anyone know where i can get this? (u know how u have to press F6 when u first install n use floppy to install the sata driver when u first install the windows xp) I need to do this for Abit NF7-S and AV8 even for normal Windows XP (not 64bit) which is bit of pain, cos i have to look for the floppy, and I probably won't even need the gay floppy drives on all 3 computers if wasn't for this bs.

Is it better to use WinXP Pro 64bit anyway? I heard that games like FarCry looks better in 64bit. And i don't think i'll be using any 32bit applicaiton which would conflict (i can use it on other pc anyway). I do have ATA hard drive on other machine which won't need the gay SATA driver on floppy but i need to back it up first..

Programs that are coded to take advantage of 64bit will reap the most performance gain (like Windows, FarCry64, etc).

As for getting the SATA drivers, if the mobo has onboard SATA, you need to go to the chipset manufacturer (ie VIA, nVidia, etc), find 64-bit compatible SATA RAID drivers, and but those drivers on a floppy. Otherwsie you could try and figure out how to slipstream the drivers into the x64 install cd (but I'veheard people having issues with x64 slipstreams thus far).

Lets see Via AV8 = VT8237 so use these drivers, extract them, and put everything in the "disk" folder onto a formatted floppy.

Thanks dude, i already downloaded that file but didn't know the driver the floppy was also in there.

Back