Help in cooling mother board.

Creepin_D

[H]ard|Gawd
So I decided to put my sig system into a new case(900D). While taking apart my system I noticed the board has barbs installed. Did a quick search online, and sure enough I can water cool my board(would you believe I have owned this board for well over a year hahaha)

Anyways, my problem is my loop is 1/2" and the barbs on the board are 3/8". What options due I have in making a small part of my "cpu" loop into 3/8's.?

Should I even bother water cooling my board? Will I see any benefit from it? :confused:

*edit*: I should mention, that the barbs on the board cannot be removed.

They sell connectors that have 1/2" on two sides and 3/8" on the other. A couple of those and some tubing (as well as whatever hardware is also required) is probably all you need.

I had considered it, as my motherboard also supports water-cooling, but decided that it wasn't worth the effort as it already runs cool at my choice overclocks.

You will not see any performance improvement from running that VRM 'block' in your loop. If anything, it will just add more restriction to your setup.

Yeah you're probly better off putting a low speed fan over it if you think its getting too hot. Otherwise if you HAVE to, you can always buy some 3/8 tubing and swap 2 connectors in your loop that go to and from the mobo to be 3/8 as well. That would be cleaner i think than reducers or something else fugly looking.

Back