help!!! i screwed up mi vid card biggg time...

nightelfmaster

Limp Gawd
I screwed up mi asus 9600xt, and now when i have it in it won't boot...
by accident, when i was trying to modify the bios, i made the ram have a cas latency of 1, which is obviously too stressing on the ram...
now i'm using mi integrated graphics, and i need to find sum way to make the bios go back... I'm clueless

clearing the cmos on the motherboard or the video card, cauz i messed around with the video card bios, and i can't find any jumpers on the video card...

plz tell me u backed up the original BIOS from the card?

if not ur SOL =\

it is possible to reflash the card back to its original, if you have it, without actually "using" the card...just gotta tell the mobo bios to initialize the onboard/PCI(if you have one) first to see what youre doing...ive also heard its possible to reflash "blind" as well. donno....other pplz feel free to hop in and help me out here on my facts

whew, i finally fixed up this finsaco (yes i did back up the video card bios, i'm not stupid)
I have a prebuilt sony (sucks, and i need a new motherboard, cauz the bios doesn't allow u to change ANYTHING)
So, i used mi old computer (1.4ghz p4 (yes thats the first p4 ever made)),
and put it to boot up on the pci card, and also disabled all the agp stuff (fastwrite and stuff)
after that, i put the agp card in, and ran the monitor off the pci card, and it worked!
ok so then i took mi floppy and used it to re-flash the agp card and used the backup
so then i took them and tested it, then put it back into mi prebuilt sony.. and here i am using mi video card happily again (don't fool around with ur video card bios unless its an upgrade or sumthin, cauz i messed with mi cas latency and speed settings, which screwed it)

You can get the original bios from the card maker, you just have to get a pci card to fire it up to reflash.
tooooooooooooooooo late.

Back