HELP! I formated the MOTHERBOARD!

lzqtiancai

Limp Gawd
So I was trying to install windows 7 on this hard drive, and instead of formating the hard drive, i formated the "system" which only have 100mb space, now this 100mb turned into C drive, and "bootmgr is missing" shows up. windows 7 cd fails to repair it.

DID I brick the motherboard?!?!?!?

Try deleting both partitions in windows setup and then creating a new onee... that 100mb thing is a reserved partition on the hard drive, has nothing to do with the mobo

Which one of your HD's did you partition wrong?Anyway just reset the partition.

No, best bet is to reinstall win 7. The "system is still on the harddrive. Once you get Win 7 running you may want to download EasyDCB 2.0, it corrects bootmgr mislocations.

Haha this is the best thread title ever!!

Ok relax d00d. Just boot from CD. Delete both partitions. Select the unallocated space and hit next. Windows will make a new MotherBoard (e.g. system partition) and install windows. You will be good to go.

Calm down. You did not format the motherboard. You formatted a reserved/hidden/recovery partition on your harddrive. Delete both partitions in the Windows setup or put the harddrive into another computer which can see all the partitions and remove them completely. Then start over again.

That's seriously the funniest title I've ever seen.

BTW you never knew about partioning before? I take it this is your first system build...?

BTW you never knew about partioning before? I take it this is your first system build...?

LOL - this is pretty damned funny. At least he'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief when he finally figures out that it's not possible to format a motherboard. How would one even do that anyways?

This is system building comedy at its finest though.

I'm going to go mount my TRUE on my sound card then come back for updates to this thread . . . and hopefully for a few more chuckles.

well i thought i formated my motherboard build in memory, which include drivers/bio settings. I guess I was completely wrong.

yeah. im kinda noob on the partition, I messed it up really bad once when I was young, and then I try to stay away from it, Never actually understood it. I guess I learned something today, that motherboard does not contain build-in memory.

well i thought i formated my motherboard build in memory, which include drivers/bio settings. I guess I was completely wrong.

Motherboard has no built in memory or drivers. You can't flash your bios by accident doing Windows setup.

When I read the title I thought there was some kind of new motherboard out that had memory where you could format.

I enjoyed reading this...........:p

I'm glad you got your Motherboard reformatted.:eek:

LOL - this is pretty damned funny. At least he'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief when he finally figures out that it's not possible to format a motherboard. How would one even do that anyways?

This is system building comedy at its finest though.

I'm going to go mount my TRUE on my sound card then come back for updates to this thread . . . and hopefully for a few more chuckles.

sure its possible, flash your bios and shut off the computer after it deletes the old bios.. aka corrupt bios because theres no bios there = formatted motherboard. :p

sure its possible, flash your bios and shut off the computer after it deletes the old bios.. aka corrupt bios because theres no bios there = formatted motherboard. :p

I guess that's one way you can look at it.

In other news, my sound card is running A LOT cooler now with the TRUE installed on it. The only problem is my CPU is running REALLY hot now without the TRUE and now my system shuts off after just a few seconds. The processor glows lava red and there's white smoke coming from the socket. Is this normal?

Nice title :D

I actually thought he had wiped the BIOS somehow :p

Haha this is the best thread title ever!!

Ok relax d00d. Just boot from CD. Delete both partitions. Select the unallocated space and hit next. Windows will make a new MotherBoard (e.g. system partition) and install windows. You will be good to go.

I'm laughing my ass off over here.

This thread is so full of win that it belongs in gen may.

TRUE

Meh, if he stays here (read: gets sucked in), then in a year he'll laugh at this. We all start somewhere.

Back