Help! I can't find a game to play!

Taranabas

Weaksauce
I've been trying desperately to find a new game, there have been a few decent ones over the last several months but its been quite a while since anything has actually sucked me in. The hours of reading reviews and descriptions of titles on Steam is getting old, and every game my friends have suggested has been mediocre. It would be great to get some suggestions from the [H] based on this arbitrary list of some of my favorites:
Hitman Series
Warcraft III
DX Human Revolution
Worms
Diablo II
Torchlight
WoW
GoldenEye 64
Legend of Dragoon
Final Fantasy
Duke Nukem 3D
Command and Conquer
Max Payne
R Six Rogue Spear
Guild Wars 2 (really good but not hooking me)
Far Cry series

I think I'm looking for an RPG right now, but I'm open to all suggestions. My only stipulations are that the game has to present a reasonable challenge, and that it can't rely on PvP combat. I prefer a single player experience. Thanks guys/gals!

I really enjoyed Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, although the company is gone now I still play it through from time to time. I have a lot of hours logged in it and it still provides a fun experience. Dragon age games or Mass Effect as well.

Honestly, The Witcher 1 and 2 sounds like it would be a good fit.

Dragon Age origins also.

I did try witcher 2, I hated not being able to jump or be able to walk off a 6 inch ledge o_O

I've been thoroughly enjoying Sleeping Dogs...excellent game in every aspect in my opinion. Also been playing L.A. Noire, really really good game IF you are into this sort of thing. Dead Space 3 has also been SURPRISINGLY enjoyable.

Try the demos for Dins Curse , Space Rangers 2 , and Mount&Blade Warband.

Skyrim, DA:O, Witcher series, ME series, and Warband all came to mind as well. Too bad you didn't like the Witcher. I found all of these games to be great, though, and have enjoyed many on your list, for what it's worth.

I really enjoyed the Mass Effect series, and Mass Effect 3 has multiplier too in case you are into that.

Wow! Some really great suggestions, I'm gonna check out Warband and Path of Exile tomorrow night. Skyrim intrigues the hell outta me, but I'm really gun shy to spend 60$ on yet another game and then not even enjoy it enough to finish it. Am I just living in a box, or have the good games lately been few and far between?

Wow! Some really great suggestions, I'm gonna check out Warband and Path of Exile tomorrow night. Skyrim intrigues the hell outta me, but I'm really gun shy to spend 60$ on yet another game and then not even enjoy it enough to finish it. Am I just living in a box, or have the good games lately been few and far between?

i've almost gotten to a point where i'd rather replay a bethesda game than start a new game with new mechanics that i get bored with after 30 minutes.

Skyrim intrigues the hell outta me, but I'm really gun shy to spend 60$ on yet another game and then not even enjoy it enough to finish it.

That's just the thing with a game like Skyrim. The phrase "finish it" really has no meaning when it's been modded to hell and back, and keeps getting more content (even upcoming complete world builds) every day. Don't like "it" (the vanilla game)? Download mods and make it something different. As long as you're more or less OK with the feel of the gameplay, you're set.

Back