Help How to Open My PC Case?

Alchemyzer

n00b
Hello, i really need help opening my custom Pc case i havent figured out how to open it and ive had it for 2yrs since 2004. Thanks for the help.

Ive took the otherside of the towers panel off but i couldnt get in the inside is there a way i can open this case of mines, and if i unscrewed the case fan would it fall off and shatter in the case or would it be secure after unscrewing it.

Last edited:
forum first possibly.

I don't have that case but why not take a pic so we can see the back of it. :D

some cases require you to take the top off first then the sides.

Oh dear... looks like someone riveted the side panel onto the chassis to me...

Chops said:
Oh dear... looks like someone riveted the side panel onto the chassis to me...

The side panels have screws, Ive unscrewed them but the thing is the rivets are located above the psu making it maybe harder to get off. Actually it looks like a certain type of tool i could use to unscrew em off those rivet like things.

(the rivet is actually used to keep the top from falling off). I also may believe that um the side panels are probably stuck upward into the top panel well not stuck but if i pressed down on the side panel hopefully itll go down.

Last edited:
take off the two screws in the panel with the window and slide it away...

Although, i dont feel safe confiding this knowledge to someone who didnt know how in the first place...

Disclaimer: The [H] is not responsible, nor am I, if you fuck up. You should know what you are doing before screwing around with your main computer. That is all.

0mega said:
take off the two screws in the panel with the window and slide it away...

Although, i dont feel safe confiding this knowledge to someone who didnt know how in the first place...

Disclaimer: The [H] is not responsible, nor am I, if you fuck up. You should know what you are doing before screwing around with your main computer. That is all.

:) i figured it out , the panel that the case fan is located i had to slide it to the back last time i tried that it seemed stuck but it was meant to be tighter than the other panel i just did the sliding and now i know now thank you , and everyone for all the help.

Now i can sleep better.:)

Last edited:
Alchemyzer said:
:) i figured it out , the panel that the case fan is located i had to slide it to the back last time i tried that it seemed stuck but it was meant to be tighter than the other panel i just did the sliding and now i know now thank you , and everyone for all the help.

Now i can sleep better.:)

Its like the panel was playing tricks on me since im pretty skinny and weak but i manage to use strenght to open the case thanks again.

I've had a similar problem. It just didn't seem to want to do anything so I convinced myself it was more complicated than it was. I sometimes think in this world full of technology we have trouble realizing some things are still simple. :D Glad you figured it out!

Just a side not, those rivets have nothing to do with the power supply and removing it. Just for future reference all modular parts in a pc case are attached with screws or some form of quick release unless we're talking an ancient early 90's or 80's computer.

screw it, I'll ask. What r u looking to do INSIDE your case?

hopefully hes gonna clean all his fans and the like.. after all that time must have some serious dust in there

Back