Help from fellow Acer XB271HU owners.

LTZ

n00b
I just got one of these Acer XB271HU monitors from the Acer refurb store on ebay. My stand came in with a little damage and a missing rubber on the bottom of the stand but otherwise this thing seems to be a keeper so far. I certainly can't see much BLB at all in my testing. I am comparing to the 3 NEC 20WMGX2 and 1 Dell 2209WA monitors I have. I really wanted to not like it as it's still pricey at $590 with tax but having a hard time talking myself into sending it back.

To the point though I have a couple things to ask others that own this monitor. I noticed my usb ports underneath are not flush with the metal casing. Also when I look down into the left speaker grille on top there is a red led on all the time and a green led flashing. If any of you could tell me if this is the same as your monitors or not I would be grateful.

Another thing I am wondering is I heard people having the problem with a line appearing down the middle of the screen and displaying that portion of the image on either the left or right of the screen. I am trying to test mine to see if it has this behavior. What is the best way to get this to happen? I have been alt tabbing out of TF2 and haven't had it happen yet. I am only using the HDMI on Intel iris 540 graphics until I get my new rig with GTX 1070 built but want to try and test it for defects asap in case it needs returned.

LTZ

n00b
Well I ended up going back to my Dell 2209wa. Once the sun went down and I could really inspect the screen in total darkness I found a spot with a red splotch or stain about 1/4" in diameter showing on a black background. Decided to send back the GTX 1070 as well and just stick it out with a budget setup until some more monitors and vega come out next year. Deciding between an RX 470 / 480 which should be plenty for my measly 1680x1050 res. until the next wave of monitors arrive.