help for measurement and interpretation

seegras

n00b
(1)It is mainly an aid on how to measure this component and what values should it give me (it is disassembled) IR3553M
or where it would not have to have continuity idk

and
4927N same question
thanks....

Attachments

• ir3553.pdf
    908.4 KB · Views: 0
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png
    184.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Captura de pantalla 2021-05-01 081059.png
    Captura de pantalla 2021-05-01 081059.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4927n.pdf
    115.2 KB · Views: 0
If that MOSFET is not on a board, it's likely fried. MOSFETs don't have continuity either, they are voltage devices, like a valve. You could build a test circuit but like I said, unless this device has been in a proper static free work station and properly protected it's entire life, it is likely dead.

If that MOSFET is not on a board, it's likely fried. MOSFETs don't have continuity either, they are voltage devices, like a valve. You could build a test circuit but like I said, unless this device has been in a proper static free work station and properly protected it's entire life, it is likely dead.
It's probably fine. The picture he posted looks like a pretty standard one that Chinese resellers use to sell these on ebay, Aliexpress and so forth. Chances are, what he's actually got is a cut tape with 5-10 brand new ones in it. Note that there is no solder on the pads in the photo. If it were used, they'd be tinned.

I'm going to sound like such a monstrous jerk saying this, but... the real problem here is that, if he can't read the datasheet and figure out which pins he needs to probe, he really has no business trying to replace these on a graphics card. If he can't figure this out, how does he even know that the IR3553s on his card need replacing?

Back