Help for iPod Touch 4th Gen. Hardware

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
This is Icedigger's wife:

Trying to repair an iPod touch 4th gen. Received it from a client broken. Screen intact, but touch screen not working. Power button also not working, but volume up/down does.

I have replaced the touch screen/digitizer successfully. Just replace the home button also because it had a weak response. Any suggestions?

Just for clarification:
Are you still having issues with the touch screen after replacing the digitizer?
Did replacing the home button resolve the weak response?
What's wrong with the power button? Is it stuck/jammed? Or does it physically click and nothing happens?
How did the iPod Touch get damaged? (Sounds a lot like water damage.)

Just for clarification:
Are you still having issues with the touch screen after replacing the digitizer?
Did replacing the home button resolve the weak response?
What's wrong with the power button? Is it stuck/jammed? Or does it physically click and nothing happens?
How did the iPod Touch get damaged? (Sounds a lot like water damage.)

Icedigger Wife:

Touch screen is still unresponsive after new screen digitizer was replaced. Tried to take apart and reinstall but that did not fix the problem.

Replacing the home button and flex cable fixed the weak response.

Power button clicks, but not response.

No idea what happened to the iPod, it was given to us from a client, along with a nano they were no longer using. How do you check for water damage in an iPod? I have seen youtube videos where they "fixed" water damage on an iPhone. They basically soaked the logic board in Isopropyl Alcohol and then let it dry. That makes me nervous. I am newer to repairing cell phones and electronics, but I am trying to learn. Thanks for the help.

Back