Help Finding HDD Cages to mod my CM Stacker 832

HoffY

Gawd
Hi Guys,

I've got a CM Stacker 832 case that i'm wanting to doctor the HDD aspect of. Its quite painful to work on the Hard Drives when its time to install or extract a Hard Drive. I'm hoping i can mod the case and instal some of the side-ways style tool-less HDD Cages you see in most cases today.

i'm having a very difficult time finding any such cages! All i see are 3 or 4 bay cages that go into certain cases that are made specifically for those cases and its very unclear if i could use these and create the relevant sheet metal structure to have them install into.

I do have quite the capability to create sheet metal work for this task so this aspect is no drama... if i could only find cages that could be mount-able in a case other then their specific one.

So i'm basically asking help from any [H] modding pro's that are in the know if there are any such cages that are actually made to install into unspecific cases or racks that i can mod to suit my application. Or do you know of any cages i can buy that you think would suit this kind of thing? :)

Any pointers of gear out there would be appreciated. The net is a large world. :) I'm not sure it would be a successful endevour but i feel my first step is to see if i can find some nice 4 bay tool-less HDD cages that would work for the job. Then i could go into detail on seeing if i could mod my case to mount some of them.

Cheers! :)

Back