Help finding all archiving exchange users

DaoTan

[H]ard|Gawd
Is there a way to get a list from the server of all of the users that are currently archiving and the locations of the archive files?

Thanks in advance.

Obvously I am not an Exchange Admin. If you guys need more info go ahead and ask and I can try to answer as best I can.

wtf do you mean archiving? do you mean subscribing to threads? perhaps you should PM a moderator or admin? have you tried writing to [email protected] (i think that's the email)

and, just out of curiousity, why do you want it?

Originally posted by Carnival Forces
wtf do you mean archiving? do you mean subscribing to threads? perhaps you should PM a moderator or admin? have you tried writing to [email protected] (i think that's the email)

and, just out of curiousity, why do you want it?

He's talking about an exchange server, not [H]. :p

This doesn't have anything to so with the forums. We have an Exchange Server at work with Outlook users. We would like to find out how many of our users are currently using archiving. Archiving is the storing of emails off of the server for offline veiwing and storing old emails. Sorry for the confusion.

"Archived" messages are usually stored on the local machine. Search for *.pst and you'll find archive.pst (or something like that).

"Personal folders", and "Archive folders", are independent of the Exchange Server. Other than connecting to their local machine using C$, you cannot determine if they are using this feature.

Originally posted by OregonLAN
"Archived" messages are usually stored on the local machine. Search for *.pst and you'll find archive.pst (or something like that).

"Personal folders", and "Archive folders", are independent of the Exchange Server. Other than connecting to their local machine using C$, you cannot determine if they are using this feature.

well thats pretty final then, thanks:(

Back